Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

old droptine down by a Muzzy!(pics/video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old droptine down by a Muzzy!(pics/video)

My first year bowhunting(2003) i thought i was gonna stick a nice mainframe 8 with a 4" drop. I had been watching him all protein season and once bow season opened i never saw him again till Thanksgiving weekend when another hunter 6 or 7 miles away shot him with a rifle. I thought that was gonna be my first and only time at getting a drop with a bow......

Fast forward to this past Saturday....

On the ranch where i guide, which is the next door to the ranch where my lease is, i was sitting in the brush over a feeder that nobody hunts cause its the only feeder on 6k acres that doesnt have a pen around it. Plus its right next to the main barn and real close to the hwy(you can hear the vehicles in the video). This is set up for pigs and they are thich there daily!!! Along with javis and freaking ducks!!!! In my four years of guiding on the ranch we have never hunted it with clients other than for hogs. Well i was there to stick a pig on Saturday and as soon as the feeder goes off in walks this post mature 8 and holy moly i see a big heavy drop!!! Then comes a mature 10 and couple other younger bucks. So i video the bucks and stick a hog and leave....The ranch owner allows me to take a management buck for some extra work i do for the ranch and once i got the green light after the owner saw the video i was pumped about going after my SECOND drop tine with a bow. Hopefully this time i can get it done! So over the past 4 sits i had him at 15 yards or less, yesterday at 8 yards, i was able to run a Muzzy 3 blade(as i was pulling out my arrow tipped with a 2 blade rage i remember what my buddy Austin(Boss) had told me yesterday...."go old school and bust him with a Muzzy" so i put the rage tipped arrow back and grabbed one of my Muzzy tipped arrows just for Austin ) right through him @ 16 yards @ 6:53 am.!!! He ran about 45 yards and i saw him fall. Man was is pumped!!!! Yesterdays evening hunt was crazy to say the least.... I get there at 4 pm and feeder goes off at 4:20...small 8 @ 4:21...then him and mature 10 @ 4:25....two mins later they are gone cause of freaking hogs!!!!!!! I run them off....they come back....i run them off...they come back....i throw rocks and they just look at me!!! I am so i stick the spotted hog and she dies 20 yards into brush....i go set feeder off and wait....10 mins later 6 javis come within 5 yards of me in the brush and they start making freaking noise!!! I throw rocks at them and they leave....i wait........then a different group of hogs....then a ton of tree ducks come it!!!! I quit!!! and go home....well today was my day! and i got the last

131 1/8; 8" maybe a little more on the drop; 8 1/2 years old maybe older!!! So happy with this buck!

at 7:10 am i get a text from my good buddy Randy "big 8 down!!!!!" he was at the lease next door and got his monster 8....148 1/8 slick 8!!! 14" G2's!!! Congrats amigo!!!

video of yesterdays evening hunt....when he is @ 8 yards i go to full drawn and about 2 seconds from releasing the arrow he turns and looks at me!!!! Then leaves.....
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Breezy; 12-08-2010, 01:48 PM.

Sweet. Congrats

Comment

haha oh man I can only imagine the frustration yesterday afternoon. You had me laughing out loud. Congrats on the drop deer, and your buddy shot a heck of an 8! congrats to him too!

Comment

Great deer. I like your blind!

Comment

He will look good on the wall!

Comment

Great deer and great shot.

Comment

Man, that's an arse load of ducks! Great buck GT...well deserved!!

Comment

that is an awesome deer. congrats GT.

Comment

Wow! Congrats man!

Comment

Excellent buck and good video. Your having a great season!

Comment

Originally posted by baslacker View Post
                      Great deer. I like your blind!
                      thanks! Me too...i call it the Breezy blind You can get a breeze coming through it from any direction!

thanks folks i am on cloud nine!

Comment

Congrats BB. Love that drop.

Comment

Congrats! He's a beauty.

Comment

Pretty amazing!

Comment

Hey

Congrats on a fine animal. Looks like he was trying to grow another drop on the other side.

Comment

Working...
                              X