Cheap treestands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap treestands

Just wondering what everyone's luck has been hunting out of cheap treestands? Cheap as in the $30-$50 range...just got an economy lock on stand for $35 and figured it'd be good for a quick hunt spot. Anyone use these or have any tips they have found with using these. Thanks in advance!

I just bought a cheap one at Academy for $35. Haven't had a chance to hunt it yet, but I was impressed when I took it out of the box. It seams to be very well made and only weighs 14 lbs.

Comment

Yea the one I got weighs 14 lbs too. The only negative I've heard on them is they can be pretty noisy when you move around on them.

Comment

I'm gonna have to check those out. That sounds like a good deal for a spare stand.

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
          I'm gonna have to check those out. That sounds like a good deal for a spare stand.
          That's what I thought. Hard to pass up for the price.

Comment

All of my ladder stands are the $50.00-$70.00 ladder stands that you get at Academy or Dicks. They work great for me. I was concerned about the heighth only being 15' but everyone on the GS has assured me that 15' is high enough to effectively kill deer with a bow.

Comment

Originally posted by FireMedic78 View Post
              Yea the one I got weighs 14 lbs too. The only negative I've heard on them is they can be pretty noisy when you move around on them.
              Mine was quite the first month of hunting. It started making a a "creeking" noise after that. Not loud enough to trash it. I just have to move very slow on the stand up or when re-adjusting my stance. The seat started making more noise to but again nothing detrimental for the price.

Comment

thats all i buy are the cheap ones when im going to leave them in the field. seats are a bit small for me so i just cut a piece of plywood that 10x14 and use bolts to attach it to the normal seat. I'vs had some (Remmingotn hangons from walmart) in the field for 4 years now and no issues

Comment

Definitely hard to pass up on these at the price. Mine also came with a safety harness so can't complain. I really don't care to go higher than 15' so that's not a problem for me and I've also read from the GS that 15' is plenty.

Good idea on extending the seat out I will most likely do that also. For the price these stands definitely are good for a last resort spot or if the wind direction is a problem have these as a back up.

Comment

I find that cheaper stands are very uncomfortable and you can't sit still in them long.

Comment

I really like the Gorilla Stands at WalMart. I picked up a climber for $50 a few years ago, and I have a hang on as well. If you hit them after the season, they blow them out.

Comment

found some real good deals on lockons and some climbers this past spring at dicks. most of the stands were marked 30-45% off, just couldn't pass up the deal. so far have not had any trouble with any of them.

Comment

I'd like to get a gorilla stand and try it out. They look pretty comfy for the price.

Comment

That is all I use. When I can get sticks with it even better. I don't sit much, so that is not a problem.
                            Roy
                            I ordered one of the sets from walmart, yest. Careful there is only 3 rapid rails with it. Just could not pass that up.
                            Roy

Comment

Working...
                            X