tuning/setup help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tuning/setup help

Had a new string put on my daughters bow and ever since we did that we have to constantly site the bow every time she shoots it I know this is not normal. sent a message with a pic to the person who actual built her bow and he said it looks like the cams were moved from where he had them set. he asked me to put a arrow on the cam making sure it goes toward the riser and he wants no space between arrow and riser. for some reason I can't get my head rapped around where he wants this done at. Dead center of the riser self is 1 and 1/8 so he is trying to make sure the string is in the correct place. Anyone have a picture of how he wants me to check this with an arrow tried search for it and can't find anything on setting the cam on a split limb bow. Think I am over thinking this all and he said I can do it myself it is east don't even need a press to remove the string. Closet deal is over 2hrs away so trying to do this myself if possible.

Found this one out there on the internet. Maybe it will help. Lay an arrow flat on the side of the cam. The point (make sure you don't have a broadhead on it!) of the arrow should be parallel to your string or point to the nocking point on the string......all depending on the bow. This is a starting point. What really matters is what the cam is doing a full draw....but again this is a good starting point.

At least I think this is what he is asking you to do.

[ATTACH]922090[/ATTACH]

Comment

sounds like it I found a similar one before not looking and could not find it. the strange part it sounded like he was having me do it to make sure the string was centered to the shelf. Honestly can't think of any reason why they would have played with the shims when the changed the string. he was making this sound simple and I was not grasping it so was trying to get better understanding as to not sound like a complete idiot. It is my 11 year olds bow and she is hunting this year so wanted to make sure it was tuned properly to make sure we were getting all the speed and power we could out of it. added limb stops the bow had no real back wall and she didn't like the spongy feel of it so we did get the stops from the factory top cam it hits the limbs but not on the bottom cam so think timing is off also but not sure had 3 shops check the timing and all said it was a little off and fixed it.

Comment

trying to install the draw stops is what got us looking at everything making sure it was still factory specs was having tuning issues this is the cams when trying to do the limb stops bottom cam would appear way out of time but have had 3 shops check it and they all said it was off a little and fixed it but to me this does not seem a little.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X