Mathews Creed and Heli-m shooters. Step inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
    The Heli-m is a shooter. Have never shot a Creed, but I love my Heli-m.
    I approve this message!

Comment

I shot the creed and heli-m when I went to buy my latest bow. I went with the Creed. It was better imho, but not by much. They are both very good bows.

Comment

I'm about to go see Fred at the bow shop. Hopefully he has a creed I can shoot

Comment

I shoot the helium and creed over and over. Bought the creed last December. I think the draw on the creed was smoother.everybody is different. I had back surgery two years ago and they removed my lower disk. I tried every brand of bow and the creed was best for me. I have it set at 58 pounds, got my first turkey and whitetail buck with it this season.

Comment

Go shoot the creed xs

Comment

I picked up my XS yesterday and shot it all today . I think it's a smooth shooter, dead in your hand , with a solid back wall.. I have a switchy xt also and the back wall is way better on the XS!! I shot the creed and the creed xs side by side, the xs won hands down to me.. I have a 26.5 " draw, and the short ATA is perfect for me!!

Comment

Originally posted by bucsfan69 View Post
                I picked up my XS yesterday and shot it all today . I think it's a smooth shooter, dead in your hand , with a solid back wall.. I have a switchy xt also and the back wall is way better on the XS!! I shot the creed and the creed xs side by side, the xs won hands down to me.. I have a 26.5 " draw, and the short ATA is perfect for me!!
                Curious to see the speed your shooting as my draw length is the same and I'm debating between the xs or chill r

Comment

What DL are you? I've only shot the creed a few times, but I owned a Heli-M for a while.

At 30", I liked the draw on the Heli-M more, but the Creed has more valley. Even with the smaller draw stop with the Heli-M, you're either on the wall or you're out of the valley.

The actual bow weights are similar, but I had trouble holding such a lightweight bow on target. Of course, with a lighter bow you can put more of the weight wherever you want it.

My advice would be to shoot both, and let the bow pick you.

Comment

Back in the fall I shot the Creed, Helim, and Chill several times and liked, and bought, the Helim. They were all three excellent bows and all shot and felt just a tad different. The Creed had a great draw cycle very similar to the Chill but I didn't care for the weight of the Creed, tad heavy for me. The Chill was very, very nice as well as the Helim but I chose the HeWilm over the Chill based on just purely the feel and weight. I don't regret my purchase and my "all black" Helim has proven to be a great bow, easy to tune and a joy to hunt with. I have been killing quite a few pigs lately and I couldn't be happier with it. You actually answered your own question though and that is go shoot the two and get the one you like the best.

Comment

I owned the Helim and really liked it over my Z7 Extreme. Last year I shot the Creed and Chill and couldn't tell a remarkable difference between the Creed and Helim at draw or shot, but fell in love with Chill and took one home. Shot the Chill R against my Chill and the Chill R felt slightly different at the shot, but had me at the draw cycle. Smoother at 70, than the Chill @ 65. Hopefully you had all four of the Mathews models to try and picked the best for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Beans View Post
                        Curious to see the speed your shooting as my draw length is the same and I'm debating between the xs or chill r
                        I don't have a chrono so couldn't get you exact speeds, but draw weight is 65lbs, I shoot Easton bloodlines cut to 26.5 , blazer vanes and 100 gr tip..that weight plus nock and insert is roughly 350 gr... The math could be done with posted ibo speed , but what I do know, side by side with my switchy xt, it is faster.
                        As far as the chill r.. If you haven't held or shot them side by side, the chill r feels a lot larger to me, I preferred the the xs.. My 2 cents

Comment

I personally prefer the heli m. Lighter, I like light easy to maneuver bows. I am very accurate with it

Comment

Originally posted by bucsfan69 View Post
                            I don't have a chrono so couldn't get you exact speeds, but draw weight is 65lbs, I shoot Easton bloodlines cut to 26.5 , blazer vanes and 100 gr tip..that weight plus nock and insert is roughly 350 gr... The math could be done with posted ibo speed , but what I do know, side by side with my switchy xt, it is faster.
                            As far as the chill r.. If you haven't held or shot them side by side, the chill r feels a lot larger to me, I preferred the the xs.. My 2 cents
                            I noticed that the chill r did feel bigger but against a 28" ATA anything feels bigger lol. I'm really leaning towards the xs.

Comment

I have both. The Heli-m is for long walks in the mountains. the creed is for fun in the backyard and treestands. The Creed does seem to aim better. Both will do what you want. I have pass throughs with both on elk.

Comment

Originally posted by Beans View Post
                                I noticed that the chill r did feel bigger but against a 28" ATA anything feels bigger lol. I'm really leaning towards the xs.
                                That's the truth brother . Lots of folks complain about the short ATA, for ME, it's perfect .. To each their own. I'm still impressed with how dead it is after the shot..

Comment

Working...
                                X