No announcement yet.

Pig lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniper has the best customer service in the business I have 2 buddies that have went to him and Rob is a stand up guy. I sent my brother to him a month or so ago for an IR light and he ended up giving him some other goodies as well!!!! This is coming from a guy that has never bought a thing from him but I tell you he is a man of his word
    Sniper all the way
    If I didn't own 2 thermal scopes I would have 6 of these feed lights, no question!!!!!!!

Comment

Rob, would the Sniper light work closer to the feeder? I hunt in many areas, but for bow hunting, my feeder is in a small clearing approximately 50 yards wide and 70 yards deep, and a couple of trees in the clearing. I can't put the lights at the far end because they would be shining right at me in my blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
        Rob, would the Sniper light work closer to the feeder? I hunt in many areas, but for bow hunting, my feeder is in a small clearing approximately 50 yards wide and 70 yards deep, and a couple of trees in the clearing. I can't put the lights at the far end because they would be shining right at me in my blind.
        Gonna answer for Rob as I’ve hunted dozens of times over his lights. The last thing you want is the light shining at you. The light should be in the vicinity of your stand facing your feeder. You do not want to be shooting at a silhouette or a shadow.

I’ve seen them mounted 100-200 yards from a rifle stand or 20 yards from a bow set up. The dimmer switch and remote allow for adjustment at any distance and wow, they work great.

Comment

Sniper lights have worked best for me. I don't mount it to my bow. I mount it to my camera arm when in the tree so the beam is steady and not moving around. Rob also gave a little trick as to not spook them when turning on the light. When using my night vision or videoing with the nightshot camera I just swap out the red light LED with the IR. Great unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            I’ve seen them mounted 100-200 yards from a rifle stand or 20 yards from a bow set up. The dimmer switch and remote allow for adjustment at any distance and wow, they work great.
            Wait... what? A DIMMER SWITCH? That's awesome! So I can customize how bright to make it. So my thought is to set up the light and it comes every night at dusk, so the pigs are used to it and then I can hunt it when I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
              Wait... what? A DIMMER SWITCH? That's awesome! So I can customize how bright to make it. So my thought is to set up the light and it comes every night at dusk, so the pigs are used to it and then I can hunt it when I want.
              I will try to clear this up the best I can. Our Exterminator II feeder light has a Internal switch that is used to set the light how you want it to come on each night when you are not there. The settings are Off/Low/Medium/High. IF you want the light to run all night every night even if you have cloudy weather for a week straight then set the internal switch to Low and this is what we recommend. While the battery and solar panel are big enough to run the light all night on Medium, if you have cloudy weather your light probably will not run all night every night. The light also has a solar charge controller and with this controller you can set the light to come on for 1-15 hours after dark. For example, you can set it to come on at dark and go off 1 hour later or 2 hours later or 3 hours and so on up to 15 hours later. This means if you wanted to, you could set the light to come on at dark and go off 3 hours later, if you set it up this way, you could turn the internal switch to high and your light will run all night every night on high for 3 hours. The problem with this is it could condition the pigs to come in after the light goes off.

Now as far as the dimmer is concerned, the dimmer is in the remote control that will work up to 300 yards away from the light. With the remote, you can turn the light off/on, instantly to Low, medium or high or you can turn the light brightness up or down as slow as you want. How I hunt them is to leave them on low until the pigs come in and start eating, once they have been eating for a couple minutes I just start slowly turning the light up until I have plenty of light to shoot. We have easily killed over 500 pigs under these lights and have never seen a single pig spook when turning the light up.

Because this light has 3 focusable LED heads on it, you can set this light as close as 10 yards to the feeder or as far as 200 yards and still light up your entire feeder area. We recommend you set it up at least 15 yards from the feeder but 20 yards away is better. The reason for this is the closer the light is to the feeder, the more likely animals are to be afraid of it. This is why all lights that mount on or next to the feeder are bad. Also because each LED head is adjustable to were it aims, you could actually light up 3 different area's. We have some customers that have blinds at 4 way intersections with 3 feeders, 1 feeder about 100 yards to the South, 1 feeder about 100 yards to the West and the other 100 yards to the East and they light up all three feeders with 1 Exterminator II feeder light mounted to their blind. I personally have 19 Exterminator II feeder lights set up on 19 feeders and one thing a do at a couple of them is aim 2 of the heads at the feeder and then aim the third at a main trail coming in so I can see the hogs coming. This really helps when hunting big boars because sometimes those big boar will come down the trail and stop short of the feeder area and just stand still and listen and smell. I've seen one 2 years ago that just stood in the same spot for about 45 minutes. I started thinking I was seeing things in the light because he stood there what seamed like hours without moving. Then he just strolled right in once he decided it was safe. If I didn't have a light pointed down the trail, I probably would have never seen him and I probably would have made some sort of noise in that 45 minutes he was just standing there that would have spooked him.

As you can see, I could go on and on about our Exterminator II light and the things that set it apart from any other feeder light on the market but I think this is good for now. If anyone ever wants to know more, they can always call me as I know everything there is to know about this light since I designed them and have killed hundreds of hogs under them. My phone # is at the top of the page on every page on our website.

Comment

Originally posted by hog smacker View Post
                We use elusive wildlife lights. We have 4 bow lights, one for each night hunter in the family plus one feeder with a sportsman light.
                On the Elusive Wildlife Light there is a connection for a 12 volt battery.
                Without the battery it states it will charge included internal batteries.

So my question is does the 12 volt charge via solar power already in the unit OR do you need an additional solar charger for the 12 volt battery?

Thanks

Comment

Thank you Rob! That is an awesome explanation. When i get a chance (probably after the holidays) I will evaluate my stands for a good Sniper light set-up.

Comment

Working...
                  X