Knife Makers/ Knife Enthusiast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came across a Jimmy Lile at an auction and was curious if anyone knew any information or a value of the knife.
    Blade is 8"
    Oal is 13"

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

I'm not a Lile expert, but if it's legit, it's worth a decent amount. Wild guess, 1000-1500, but don't quote me on that. If you could get it for a few hundred, it would be worth buying.

Comment

Looks ******

Comment

Thanks guys, anyone else?

Comment

I’d have to default to Jason on this one. Jason knows his stuff. He is probably as close as anyone here could guess.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I did some googling... I'd guess retail between 900-1100, more specifically. The knife does have some features that make it look like Lile's work. I'm not an expert enough to judge if it's authentic or not. You'll have to judge from context... Is the seller reputable? If the sheath is original, that helps. Lile sometimes signed the blades with a vibratory engraver, and sometimes signed the sheaths also.

That's retail pricing, and may not reflect what you could get for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
              I did some googling... I'd guess retail between 900-1100, more specifically. The knife does have some features that make it look like Lile's work. I'm not an expert enough to judge if it's authentic or not. You'll have to judge from context... Is the seller reputable? If the sheath is original, that helps. Lile sometimes signed the blades with a vibratory engraver, and sometimes signed the sheaths also.

That's retail pricing, and may not reflect what you could get for it.
              I bought it at an auction in Houston. It belonged to a retired Harris County Sheriff that knew Lile. He owned maybe 6 or 8 knifes from Jimmy.
              Thanks for the info on the value...looks like it will be a safe queen for years to come!

Comment

That's really cool!!

Comment

Working...
                X