Vortex razor hd vs euro glass for Binos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    I do agree that the Swaro has noticabely better glass, but you were comparing the Viper HDs. Those aren’t quite their best. I’ve got Razor HD 10x50, and their a notable step up, but still behind the Swaros.
    I'm running the Razor HD 10x50 as well my Dad has 10x50 Swaro's. Mine are awesome, his are better.

Comment

althon

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
        althon
        Lmfao. There’s always one....

Surely that’s a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by txstinger View Post
          FWIW my guide in Montana a couple weeks ago commented 2x on how clear he thought my Furys were. He personal stuff was Zeiss and Swaro.
          Would you tell a paying customer his stuff was junk? (Not saying yours is. Just proving a point)

Comment

I’ve ran Trophy8s Swaros for 8-9 days at a time a couple of times in Idaho. They’re nothing short of amazing. My Razor HDs are fantastic, but not quite the same level. Hoping to make it to Idaho again this coming fall, and out then through their paces out there. That would be a better test to me. Around here I glass for 5-10 minutes at a time then put them down for a bit. Out there I glass for an hour at a time and only set them down briefly. That would give me a much better idea IMO.
            Originally posted by tmurray View Post
            I'm running the Razor HD 10x50 as well my Dad has 10x50 Swaro's. Mine are awesome, his are better.
            Awesome and thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
              Thinking the old man would like them

I’m old and I’m a man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                Lmfao. There’s always one....

Surely that’s a joke.
                Cronos over the Vortex yes not a joke I am not impressed with any thing Vortex makes .

Now compared to Euro well not so much .

i have a bunch of high end glass some is MUCH better than others and then other not so much

I have a Cronos spotting scope I would stack it up against the EURO glass all day long . I have a Zeiss Victory and yes its slightly better than the Cronos but the money spent to have something that just about no can tell unless you are in the last 30 seconds or so of light things like that . for 99% of the use sitting on a ridge in CO with both of them I can tell you first hand the Althon may really shock you at how good it really is Sure it does not have the Name yet nor the silly price tag .

Unless you are a glass snob and have to have the name . That way you can brag about what you have and how much money you no longer have .. I at by a few this year telling me how great their zeiss is and if I wanted to look through great glass take a look.. I just smiled as I set up my Zeiss and focused on the same thing with both scopes .

Asked them to take a look instead Funny how the guy being a WA no longer had the chit eating grin on his face .

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                  Cronos over the Vortex yes not a joke I am not impressed with any thing Vortex makes .

Now compared to Euro well not so much .

i have a bunch of high end glass some is MUCH better than others and then other not so much

I have a Cronos spotting scope I would stack it up against the EURO glass all day long . I have a Zeiss Victory and yes its slightly better than the Cronos but the money spent to have something that just about no can tell unless you are in the last 30 seconds or so of light things like that . for 99% of the use sitting on a ridge in CO with both of them I can tell you first hand the Althon may really shock you at how good it really is Sure it does not have the Name yet nor the silly price tag .

Unless you are a glass snob and have to have the name . That way you can brag about what you have and how much money you no longer have .. I at by a few this year telling me how great their zeiss is and if I wanted to look through great glass take a look.. I just smiled as I set up my Zeiss and focused on the same thing with both scopes .

Asked them to take a look instead Funny how the guy being a WA no longer had the chit eating grin on his face .
                  I’ve never been impressed with zeiss lol

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    My dad has 10x42 razor HDs. I have swaro EL 10x42 HDs. His are nice. But there’s no comparison. None. But you’re talking literally twice the money.
                    A buddy and me swapped between these two on an elk hunt one year and the difference in pretty noticeable with time behind the glass. At first glance not enough difference for the price but after a good amount of time glassing the fatigue is what you notice the most. I was used to my Swaro EL and eventually got a slight headache once I had the Razors

Comment

I have owned both. The Razors are good for their price point.

They are not on par with the Swaros though, by a good margin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

A few months back I was glassing a mountain into the morning sun. My Swarovski el’s operated perfectly. The person with me had a set of razors and the difference was not even close. He now has the Swarovskis

Comment

I have the Swaro 10x42 el range and want a pair of 15x56HD too. I looked at the Vortex and they are nice, but no comparison to the Swaro’s IMO. I will just save my side money and buy once and be done. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            Awesome and thanks guys!
                            If you want I can send you my Maven b series. You can try them for a while. You might be pleasantly surprised. I did not get eye fatigue or headaches using the mavens mule deer hunting a month ago and that was a 5 day hunt. Mavens are better than the razors my guide had in Utah. I had Leica, and sold them because they aggravated me over the warranty,they had wonderful glass.

Comment

I do agree that the Swaro has noticabely better glass, but you were comparing the Viper HDs. Those aren’t quite their best. I’ve got Razor HD 10x50, and their a notable step up, but still behind the Swaros.
                              No doubt! the Razors are way better than the Vipers, sorry for not being clear (see what I did there!) in my post.

For the price range the Razors/Mavens/higher end Leupolds are hard to beat!

Comment

Leica ultravid 12x50 is what I choose. I looked through a bunch and went with these. Had vortex viper 12x50 that I will now use as a back up pair.

Comment

Working...
                                X