Nissan Titan XD 4WD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
    Got rid of my 17 Titan XD a week ago. Could not keep it out of the shop. I have to say that this was my favorite truck of all time but I could not trust it.

This right here is why I’ll never own a Nissan. My wife had one. My cousin and buddies wife had one. All were in the shop regularly. Not to mention most of their interiors just aren’t as nice other brands.

A tundra for a Nissan diesel? Hell to the naw naw.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
      This right here is why I’ll never own a Nissan. My wife had one. My cousin and buddies wife had one. All were in the shop regularly. Not to mention most of their interiors just aren’t as nice other brands.

A tundra for a Nissan diesel? Hell to the naw naw.

Sierracharlie out…
      Lol! Whatever...
      I guess we should buy 2017 powerstrokes that will go 900k? Lol!
      Luckily I own a 2016. Maybe it will make it half that?
      I would take any Nissan HD over a tundra...

Comment

My dad just got a 2018 as a farm truck and he loves it. Only has 5k on it but it has pulled over 14k with a gooseneck. It’s the gas v8. Payed 30,250. 4x4 crue cab.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
          Lol! Whatever...
          Google 1,000,000 mile Tundra see what pulls up do the same with the Nissan
          see what comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by mpotts View Post
            Google 1,000,000 mile Tundra see what pulls up do the same with the Nissan
            see what comes up.
            No need, I would never own a half ton with the smallest bed in its class...
            The Tundra is useless to me. I want a truck...

Comment

No need, I would never own a half ton with the smallest bed in its class...
              The Tundra is useless to me. I want a truck...
              Smallest bed but largest cab.

My wife talked sense into me and I bailed on the Titan

Comment

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
                Smallest bed but largest cab.

My wife talked sense into me and I bailed on the Titan
                Any lowest tow rating...
                Thankfully I do my research and don’t need my wife’s opinion on “my” truck.
                I don’t drive a titan either...

Comment

Lol! Whatever...

Mistake of fact as I stated in that thread. You can take your Nissan and be in the shop with it as well.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Got rid of my 17 Titan XD a week ago. Could not keep it out of the shop. I have to say that this was my favorite truck of all time but I could not trust it.
                    If I remember right, that's the first year they came out? First year vehicles of any kind tend to have a lot of issues, and I would bet they worked out the kinks by 2018 or 2019 model year.

Comment

They came out in 16' and had issues with the turbos not lubricated properly from factory. As they have worked out some kinks, I would recommend getting on the titan cummins forum and read.

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      If I remember right, that's the first year they came out? First year vehicles of any kind tend to have a lot of issues, and I would bet they worked out the kinks by 2018 or 2019 model year.

Comment

This is why I can't get a diesel truck. Unless you tow all the time to get EGTs up you clog the dpf and go into Regen process to burn off the soot. You can delete everything but one day someone will find offense to that and it'll become a requirement and that would suck. They also say the life of the system is 120k. Then it's a good chunk of change.
                        Get a Toyota pay a bit extra in fuel and don't beat your head against a wall with emissions

#1- Intellikey system came unplugged somehow. Left me stranded 437 miles from home and 90 miles from nearest dealer.
                        #2- EGR valve solenoid failure. Left me stranded 437 miles from home and 90 miles from nearest dealer.
                        #3- DEF system warning light. Took to dealer and they said nothing was wrong with it.
                        #4- Traded it in and went back to a Tundra. Toyota dealer has had it in the Nissan shop every since they took it in on trade- low fuel pressure warning.

32,000 miles on it when I traded it in. I really loved the truck but just couldn't trust it for long trips.

Comment

Any lowest tow rating...
                          First of all "My" truck of choice has been Toyota since 96' so keep your SA comments about my wife to yourself. Seldom do I pull a trailer but I am very hard on trucks. I was merely asking opinions.

Comment

May be I just got lucky with my Xterra w 215k miles and no major repairs. Big reason I went with Nissan again.Been driving a 2017 Titan SV crew cab gas model not the XD and for the drive out price, interiors options, gas mileage, and warranty would do it again.

Comment

The tundra can tow way more then you think. Ask BBQ fan. He's treated his awful for 185k miles. Is it a 2500 no but neither is the Nissan.

Any lowest tow rating...

Comment

The first year had some bugs. They seem to be doing very well now. I am friends with some guys that are huge into the Titan truck clubs. The biggest issue I have seen/heard, is people buying them expecting them to be an F350. If you buy it to be a half ton, that gets a little better mpg, and can tow on the weekends a little better, they are great.

If I was buying new any time soon I would give it a hard look.

Comment

Working...
                                X