Bucks you’ve never seen before...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    I have the opposite problem, I get em on camera and never see them in person.
    Sounds about right

Comment

The big 6 in my avatar was a never-seen-before deer on our lease until he showed up after the rut. He showed up on my last hunting weekend and no one had seen him either in person or on camera.

Comment

My son got this one in December of 2016. Multiple cameras on the property and zero pictures. Never seen in person either. Gross 171 2/8"

[ATTACH]933976[/ATTACH]

Comment

I had never seen this buck until he came in pushing a doe and I missed. He had been on camera every year since and I have not seen him in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Last years buck on Thanksgiving morning. Never saw him on camera or in person.

Comment

I shot my cull buck in my avatar last year and we had zero pictures or information on him.

Comment

I should clarify...He is a trophy to me but isn't a scorer!

Comment

I’ve never killed one but I usually get 2 maybe 3 pictures on one of the trail cams every year of some big bucks I’ve never seen before, I guess just traveling thru cause most of the time it’s only one picture and never see them or get another pic..

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                    Every year during rut we see deer from the blind or get pics around Thanksgiving that we've never seen before. That right there is a big reason why I love our 350 acres of low fence.
                    Same here... usually between now and Thanksgiving weekend we'll start seeing bucks that we have never seen before or had pics of. Two years ago on our little 160 acres, I had a monster 9pt show up on just two night pics the weekend before Thanksgiving with no previous history. My brother-n-law shot him the Friday after Thanksgiving and he was a 7+ year old that scored 143 3/8". I have shot bucks many many times that I never saw on camera.

Comment

My best bow buck MF8 heavy body was never seen on camera, and we have several running year round. The following season from the same stand a man I hunt with killed a VERY large 9. Again not on camera. We try water troughs, feeders, trails, etc. The old smart one's seem to avoid exposure. BUT, one hot doe changes the rules.

Comment

the buck in my avatar.

Came out chasing a doe.

2 bucks last year 148 10pt and my sons 8 w/o brows.. Both big old bucks.. showed up when the ladies were ready.

Comment

I’ve had a few. Nothing like a buck just walking in with zero pictures or history. Here are a couple that I had no clue existed until the day they were in front of me.

Comment

Here’s my never before seen buck from this year. Just walked out, presented a shot and that was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                              Here’s my never before seen buck from this year. Just walked out, presented a shot and that was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very nice. What did that bad boy score if you don’t mind me asking?

Comment

I know it happens all the time, but I had never been fortunate enough to put my eyes on a buck that I had never seen before on trail cams until I stopped hunting feeders. I have seen plenty on trail cams that I have never seen in person, but never the other way around until I got away from the feeders. I still keep them going just to keep the deer moving, but don't hunt anywhere near them anymore. I probably see 4-5 bucks per season now that I have never seen on camera on our small 280 acres.

Comment

Working...
                                X