No announcement yet.

Lockhart BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’ve eaten at Kreuz once in the new place and threw the brisket away. That day it was nothing but roast. We may have hit a bad day but won’t be back.
    As others have said keep driving and go to Luling City Market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Smittys only for me the Porkchop is really good

Comment

Lockhart BBQ

Originally posted by zcole04 View Post
        As someone who grew up in Lockhart. Class of '04. I would either go to Smitty's or the local favorite Chisholm Trail.

Thought you would know better...

Comment

As someone who grew up in Lockhart. Class of '04. I would either go to Smitty's or the local favorite Chisholm Trail.
          I hear ya. Been there done that with a Lockhart local

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
            Smittys all day every day. In 3 trips I have yet to have a good meal at Blacks, and every time I swear I won’t go back again, not to mention they always seem ****** to be having to take my money. Kreuz is mediocre. It doesn’t get better than Smittys for me.
            If anyone wants to try some BBQ cooked the original Black’s style go see my buddy’s at Terry Black’s BBQ on Barton Springs in Austin. I’d put their brisket and beef rib against anybody’s!!! They are the grandsons of the original owners.

Comment

Both are amazing.

Comment

If anyone wants to try some BBQ cooked the original Black’s style go see my buddy’s at Terry Black’s BBQ on Barton Springs in Austin. I’d put their brisket and beef rib against anybody’s!!! They are the grandsons of the original owners.

Well now, I was sticking to Lockhart - I’ll put Terry Black’s up against anybody. It’s may be the only place I would go before Smitty’s. I’m a little biased because Mark, Michael, and Terry are all great folks. But they cook some **** good BBQ! I can never help but eat myself to hurting there.

Comment

Ah, there it is. I knew you knew better.

Comment

I had doubts about you when you said Chisholm Trail, but you redeemed yourself there

Comment

If you're ever in Luling then I would try Luling BBQ. The red building to your right if you are looking to turn left toward Luling City Market. But if in Lockhart. I do like me some Black's.

Comment

The place we used to go to for lunch, when I worked in San Marcos, was Smitty's. That was some good stuff. This past summer, when we were looking at houses and property, we tried to stop at Smitty's the line went way out in the parking lot. After a half hour, we decided to go try Black's, the line was longer over there. We wound up eating at Schlotzsky's. Have not gotten to eat at Smitty's in a long time, that was some good food.

Comment

Originally posted by diamonde40 View Post
                          If you're ever in Luling then I would try Luling BBQ. The red building to your right if you are looking to turn left toward Luling City Market. But if in Lockhart. I do like me some Black's.
                          That place is horrible. Dear god man.

City Market by a mile.

Smitty's in Lockhart. The original building and pits. Sausage made inhouse.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

My dad lives there and we go to all 3 pretty pretty often when I go visit.

Here's my take. Every day is different and all 3 are great. Some days one place is better than the others. But in general, I like Smittys and Blacks better than Kruez. Smitty's absolutely has the best sausage and it isnt even close. Black's or Smitty's has the best brisket. I've had great brisket at Kruez too but I've been there several times and the brisket was kinda dry and very meh. The beef ribs are Black's are awesome, but prepare to pay over $20 for 1 beef rib. Black's is the most expensive of the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by stryker93 View Post
                              Headed to Lockhart this evening and looking to eat some bbq. My group was thinking Black's. Any suggestions?
                              Well so where did you choose?

Comment

Blacks all the way if you don’t mind waiting -

Comment

Working...
                                X