Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long Should A Basic Shoulder Mount Take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10-12 months

Comment

I don’t get very many done, but the guy that I use only takes a few months, at most. He doesn’t have a business, just does it as a hobby.

I’ve killed them in October and had them back by Christmas.

Comment

I've had several done and all of them took about 8-9 months. This was with two very reputable and busy taxidermists that produce great work.

Comment

Mine was done by a part-timer who was a fireman and worked taxi during his "48-off" days. Shot it the Monday before Thanksgiving and picked it up last week in February.

Comment

mine Sept 30 last year done Sept. this year

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
              The guy I use says 6-7 months, and has it ready in a year.
              Lol may be the same taxidermist I used on last year's deer. But I understand things in life happen. But, is disappointment when it doesn't show up on that time frame. Would rather them tell me a 12-16 months so I wouldn't always checking in.

Comment

I would say 8 to 12 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

10-12 months average for me and I've had TOO many done over the years.

*One thing I learned, after a couple of years having a "in store" Taxi in my hunting store in Lubbock years past....

**Pay the deposit but DON'T pay the entire charge up front. Appeared to me that those who paid ALL up front took much longer to get done than just paying the deposit?

I'm sure there are TAXI'S who don't take this approach, but I saw it done several times.

Everyone get's anxious for their trophy. I just got this Buck back after just short 2 weeks of a year. I'm pleased, but also very particular of a quality mount, especially detail...look, facial features/veins, etc. This mount is a "left turn semi-sneak." Good luck and hope you are thrilled with your mount "when" you bring it home.
                  Attached Files

Comment

3-6 months longer than they tell you when you drop it off.

Comment

If they tell you it is going to be tanned in house and not a true tan from a tannery, I would not give them a plug nickel for the mount. Some may be great, but I have seen my fair share of in house tans that were terrible and had bugs and looked like crap. Just my opinion and my personal observations on mounts like this. Again, just my opinions. Sure to **** some taxis off, but that again is my opinion with some lie this!

I do not care if they take a year or more as long as it is good when I get it. None AI have used in many years of getting mounts took less than 12 months! Have not had a bad one yet!

Comment

I usually tell everyone around a year, give or take a little. Real Estate is my main gig so taxidermy must come 2nd. Most seem to understand just fine.

Comment

Mine took 8 months.

Comment

A year.

Comment

Dropped my bobcat off at "One of the best cat guys" in DFW on March 15th 2017. Was told to expect to have it back within a year.....still waiting! Supposed to have it by the end of the month. Kaleb, with Trophy Case Taxidermy did last years whitetail (December 2017) and this years Aoudad (February 2018). Got the whitetail back in June and the Aoudad in August. Very pleased with his work and turn around.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I guess I was just a little spoiled the first 2 times around. Not worried or frustrated, was just curious. Glad to know my latest taxi is still "timely" in spite of his original predictions. Again, I appreciate everyone's input!

Comment

Working...
                                X