Best way to communicate w/o cellular?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    Which one? Does the carrier matter? I have Sprint now and service sux!

Weboost Drive LTE is the model now. I’ve had mine for 3 years so it’s a different model number. Covers the big carriers so Sprint is included.. and yes Sprint sucks[emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
      Guess I'm old school. I leave my phone in the truck when I'm hunting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good for you. I keep mine around for my safety #1 and for communicating with my lease members on what they are seeing and if they need help themselves safety wise or tracking. It’s just another add to the back pack .... like binoculars or rangefinders ...the Indian’s didn’t have those either in the old school.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
        Jason is this booster portable? What do they usually run price wise if you don't mind me asking.?

$199..... but I found mine on EBay for $124.99 a couple of years ago. They are refurbished but like new. I’d pay $199 for it no questions asked after owning it

It’s portable in a sense. I have a very small tool box that houses a 12 v battery, the cradle and the antenna I can carry to each blind. I have an antenna and battery already now in my favorite blind that needs it but if I set up a popup for deer or turkey hunting in a suspect area I use the box.... quick and easy.
        Last edited by Smart; 11-15-2018, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Saved

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            $199..... but I found mine on EBay for $124.99 a couple of years ago. They are refurbished but like new. I’d pay $199 for it no questions asked after owning it

It’s portable in a sense. I have a very small tool box that houses a 12 v battery, the cradle and the antenna I can carry to each blind. I have an antenna and battery already now in my favorite blind that needs it but if I set up a popup for deer or turkey hunting in a suspect area I use the box.... quick and easy.

This it??????

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for weBoost Drive Sleek 470135 Vehicle Cell Phone Signal Booster Kit at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

epid=2229457087&hash=item2f0bfc2795:g:c~MAAOSwLNpb lrL5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
              This it??????

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for weBoost Drive Sleek 470135 Vehicle Cell Phone Signal Booster Kit at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

epid=2229457087&hash=item2f0bfc2795:g:c~MAAOSwLNpb lrL5

Yes that is the new and improved version. You can also buy a booster antenna for them for $20 on Amazon. Well for mine I have anyway. I don't know why it wouldn't work for that one too. It's a little more powerful at obtaining signal..

This one too. Mine was actually a refurb for $124 versus $199 and it has been awesome

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for weBoost 470135R Drive Sleek 4G Cell Phone Signal Booster at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

And here is my unit....

Last edited by Smart; 11-16-2018, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
                  Might give the zello app with head phones a try. It's a push to talk app like walkie talkies.
                  Nope, that uses data to work. If no signal, then no worky.

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBhuntin View Post
                    We use gotenna. It's a small device your phone connects to via Bluetooth and converts the the signal to VHF. Only able to text though no voice calls.

https://www.gotenna.com
                    Same here... only problem is everyone needs the device. My son and I use them to be able to text each other while in different stands... but you can't communicate with the "outside world"... works for us.

Comment

Mirrors...I seen it done in several Westerns.
                      Adios,
                      Gary

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Smart

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Cheap! I’m guessing you use the cigarette plug into alligator clips to your battery? How big of a battery you using? I’m getting all this stuff today. It’s terrible having no signal since leaving at&t.

Comment

2 way

Comment

Working...
                              X