Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 11-16-2018, 03:43 PM   #1
eagles405
Ten Point

Hunt In: Angelina County
Default Interesting article on global warming.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/11/...-the-forecast/
eagles405 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-19-2018, 01:02 PM   #2
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Its a hoax, this article seems to prove all the " warmer winters " is horse hock.
The globe goes as the sun spots go....and currently there are no sun spots. Its going to get a whole lot colder in the coming years. I just cant wait for all the " climate scientist"
who have been calling for less fossil usage to start begging for more of it to warm things back up
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-19-2018, 01:35 PM   #3
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

When global warming was quickly changed to climate change...that was the big indication that something wasn't right about the whole deal
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-19-2018, 01:48 PM   #4
M16
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch,Menard Counties

What ever happened to the hole in the ozone layer? Weren't we all supposed to be dead by now?
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-19-2018, 02:09 PM   #5
TB80
Ten Point

Whether global warming or climate change is real and/or is caused by human activity, as someone who loves the outdoors, I believe we have a responsibility to protect the environment and do all we can to make sure it is preserved for future generations.
TB80 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-19-2018, 02:27 PM   #6
M16
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch,Menard Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB80 View Post
Whether global warming or climate change is real and/or is caused by human activity, as someone who loves the outdoors, I believe we have a responsibility to protect the environment and do all we can to make sure it is preserved for future generations.
What makes you think global warming is real? Why do you think they switched to climate change? Did you ever think it might be a tax or wealth redistribution scheme? Follow the money and you will have your answer.
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-19-2018, 02:35 PM   #7
TB80
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
What makes you think global warming is real? Why do you think they switched to climate change? Did you ever think it might be a tax or wealth redistribution scheme? Follow the money and you will have your answer.
I didn't say it was real or not. And I am not here to debate whether it is real or not. All I am saying is, as someone who appreciates the outdoors, I would hope that we would all want to take care of nature so that we, and future generations, can continue to enjoy it.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:37 PM   #8
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
As someone who appreciates the outdoors, I would hope that we would all want to take care of nature so that we, and future generations, can continue to enjoy it.
100% agree.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:37 PM   #9
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
What ever happened to the hole in the ozone layer? Weren't we all supposed to be dead by now?
Think we were able to curb that with the ban on CFC's in the 80's-90's right?
Old 11-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #10
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-SV13UQXdk

So is this not going to happen again??
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-19-2018, 03:49 PM   #11
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-SV13UQXdk

So is this not going to happen again??
lol....that hasn't aged well. San Fran, Bejiang, Shanghai, Cutter, Bangladesh, and Florida are all still above water.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:52 PM   #12
Lostacresranch
Six Point

And that latest “research” released a few months ago proving the oceans were warming at excelerated rates? The one all over the MSM trashing trump for pulling out of the Paris accord? It was proven a lie this past week. The numbers were checked, and the authors of that “research paper” withdrew it from the scientific community. And only one mention on a fox morning show about it.
Lostacresranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-19-2018, 08:28 PM   #13
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
I bring this up all the time to the Climate Changers I know......we were supposed to have burnt the **** up by now.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2018, 09:21 AM   #14
jer_james
Pope & Young

I do believe that the climate is changing, I just also happen to believe that we dont have a lot to do with it. The only constant is change.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2018, 09:44 AM   #15
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
I do believe that the climate is changing, I just also happen to believe that we dont have a lot to do with it. The only constant is change.
agreed
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #16
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Bingo.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2018, 07:19 PM   #17
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
I didn't say it was real or not. And I am not here to debate whether it is real or not. All I am saying is, as someone who appreciates the outdoors, I would hope that we would all want to take care of nature so that we, and future generations, can continue to enjoy it.
Of course humans should be good stewards. But not complete idiots making rules and regulations that dictate the entire world without even knowing *** is really going on, if anything.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2018, 08:06 PM   #18
TB80
Ten Point

Agreed. But who decides what being a good steward means?
Old 11-20-2018, 08:38 PM   #19
xman59
Pope & Young

Quote:
Agreed. But who decides what being a good steward means?
that's simple, take care of were you are like you will inherit it in the future,,,
xman59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2018, 10:22 PM   #20
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by xman59 View Post
that's simple, take care of were you are like you will inherit it in the future,,,
Some folks keep filthy homes and have German roaches
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2018, 01:20 AM   #21
SmTx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jim Wells

It's all those half ton and diesel owners leaving their trucks idling for hours on hours
SmTx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2018, 07:58 AM   #22
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
It's all those half ton and diesel owners leaving their trucks idling for hours on hours
Only because they're waiting for the guy getting regular gas to get out of the way.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-22-2018, 03:43 PM   #23
kyle1974
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McMullen / Refugio

Quote:

Sure. Up to the point the government interferes in legal business and penalized the ones they don’t like in an effort to set their buddies up with billion dollar grants for “green” energy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kyle1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2018, 06:19 PM   #24
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Anyone read the just released NCA4 yet?

https://science2017.globalchange.gov/
sir shovelhands is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2018, 08:06 PM   #25
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Climate has been changing since God created and/or you wanna believe humans emerged from the primordial ooze...and will continue to change. We've only been tracking said change for 1/1000th or whatever of a % you think we've been around on this rock.

Volcanos & the Cali like fires do more than anything the two of the best human inventions have done being the internal combustion engine & air conditioner. Yes I think we should be responsible but to create laws & taxing us into thinking Tesla is the answer to control temps is absurd.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2018, 09:38 PM   #26
cattlelackranch
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas and Panhandle

Quote:

Ozonics fixed the hole
cattlelackranch is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2018, 08:45 PM   #27
double bogey
Ten Point

Hunt In: where ever I can

I don't believe the earths temperature has been static since it was created. I don't think we are affecting it that much, and if we are, the only way to combat it is to stop being industrialized, or reduce human population to about 15% of where it is today.

Look at the last mini ice age, that was global cooling, and was cause by a volcano.

Look at who profits from all of this. Take refrigerants. The r-22 replacement (not a drop in) required changing our a/c systems. Look at all the money spent on that. Now, they are attempting to outlaw R-410A, saying it causes higher CO2. In a few years, we will see the same thing we face today, $100+ a lb for refrigerant, or $10K+ for a new system. Best thing about R410A, is it is also much more efficient than R22, so a/c's are easier to manufacture in the higher SEER ratings.

Same thing happening in refrigeration, R404A is a very good refrigerant replacing R12, still requiring equipment replacement, and they are trying to outlaw that one.

Looks to me that refrigerant and equipment mfg's are making record profits on the backs of American consumers based on a global warming theory that may or may not be made up. Follow the money.

Obama said "the science is settled". I say the science is never settled, or the sun would circle the earth, and the earth would be flat.
double bogey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2018, 12:24 PM   #28
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Climate has been changing since God created and/or you wanna believe humans emerged from the primordial ooze...and will continue to change. We've only been tracking said change for 1/1000th or whatever of a % you think we've been around on this rock.

Volcanos & the Cali like fires do more than anything the two of the best human inventions have done being the internal combustion engine & air conditioner. Yes I think we should be responsible but to create laws & taxing us into thinking Tesla is the answer to control temps is absurd.
That is the only part that matters in all of this! $$$
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattlelackranch View Post
Ozonics fixed the hole
Mine works overtime to help the hardcore environmental wacko's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by double bogey View Post
I don't believe the earths temperature has been static since it was created. I don't think we are affecting it that much, and if we are, the only way to combat it is to stop being industrialized, or reduce human population to about 15% of where it is today.

Look at the last mini ice age, that was global cooling, and was cause by a volcano.

Look at who profits from all of this. Take refrigerants. The r-22 replacement (not a drop in) required changing our a/c systems. Look at all the money spent on that. Now, they are attempting to outlaw R-410A, saying it causes higher CO2. In a few years, we will see the same thing we face today, $100+ a lb for refrigerant, or $10K+ for a new system. Best thing about R410A, is it is also much more efficient than R22, so a/c's are easier to manufacture in the higher SEER ratings.

Same thing happening in refrigeration, R404A is a very good refrigerant replacing R12, still requiring equipment replacement, and they are trying to outlaw that one.

Looks to me that refrigerant and equipment mfg's are making record profits on the backs of American consumers based on a global warming theory that may or may not be made up. Follow the money.

Obama said "the science is settled". I say the science is never settled, or the sun would circle the earth, and the earth would be flat.
Where did that % come from, was it in the scientific literature? Wonder why they did not find 5% or 50% to be the baseline? Heck, who gets to make that decision when all is said and done?
Yep, the whole refrigerant deal was a flat out money grab. Like you said, ALL NEW EQUIPMENT to make it feasible...…….LMAO, yep the decision makers play on another level.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2018, 07:28 PM   #29
double bogey
Ten Point

I may have fudged a bit on the 15% number. However, if earth was de-industrialized, some people claim a number from 15 to 25% is where the population would end up. SHTF fiction, also uses these numbers a lot. I know that is fiction, but I have also seen those numbers coming from "new world order" proponents. Radical greenies quote 25% a lot also.

I have been in the HVAC business all my life, believe me, the refrigerant thing is far from over. They found a cash cow, and it will be milked for all its worth. I have made a fair amount of money myself, and to help my conscience, I help DIYers all I can on this site and any others.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:52 PM   #30
kyle1974
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post
Anyone read the just released NCA4 yet?

https://science2017.globalchange.gov/

Millions and millions and millions and millions were spent. If the science is settled, then why are they still researching it?

Old 11-25-2018, 09:28 PM   #31
Landrover
Pope & Young

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by double bogey View Post
I may have fudged a bit on the 15% number. However, if earth was de-industrialized, some people claim a number from 15 to 25% is where the population would end up. SHTF fiction, also uses these numbers a lot. I know that is fiction, but I have also seen those numbers coming from "new world order" proponents. Radical greenies quote 25% a lot also.

I have been in the HVAC business all my life, believe me, the refrigerant thing is far from over. They found a cash cow, and it will be milked for all its worth. I have made a fair amount of money myself, and to help my conscience, I help DIYers all I can on this site and any others.
Gotcha! With the world approaching 9 billion folks a ton of things WILL change. Tiny India will have more people than humongous China in 50 years...…...talk about backwards! Some of the things futurists talk about is quite interesting and a lot of it is feasible and within our known abilities today.
On another note, this area trips me out. Folks don't want abortion based on religious reasons (fine with me) but openly talk about elimination of individuals as if it is normal conversation.....really odd. At one time eugenics was all about improving the genetics of mankind, now it tends to speak freely about eliminating human beings. The OLD, SICK, incarcerated & physically disabled are on the clock in that world......and probably a few others if that theorem takes root. That is going to be some cra-cra if that takes hold in our lifetimes, all thanks to the environmental wacko's.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:31 PM   #32
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1974 View Post
Millions and millions and millions and millions were spent. If the science is settled, then why are they still researching it?

That report was ordered by law to "compare & contrast" what was presented previously as fact. Yep, there are things that make sense but the over reaching non sense is ridiculous. I have seen REAL pollution in the far east...…...it will scare you to death, and nobody wants that here!
Old 11-25-2018, 09:38 PM   #33
kyle1974
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
That report was ordered by law to "compare & contrast" what was presented previously as fact. Yep, there are things that make sense but the over reaching non sense is ridiculous. I have seen REAL pollution in the far east...…...it will scare you to death, and nobody wants that here!

That’s just it. The US is incredibly clean and pollution free compared China,
India, Mexico, Brazil and a hoard of other countries with little to no environmental regulations. Much of the claimed
Pollution in the US is hypothetical based on worst case scenario calculations and not based on actual numbers.

Maybe, just for fun, all the environazis
Could go without modern convenience
For about 9 months. That should take care of things.

Old 11-25-2018, 09:44 PM   #34
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1974 View Post
That’s just it. The US is incredibly clean and pollution free compared China,
India, Mexico, Brazil and a hoard of other countries with little to no environmental regulations. Much of the claimed
Pollution in the US is hypothetical based on worst case scenario calculations and not based on actual numbers.

Maybe, just for fun, all the environazis
Could go without modern convenience
For about 9 months. That should take care of things.

Agreed!
That wont even use a single piece of toilet paper as they proclaimed.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:45 AM   #35
double bogey
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Gotcha! With the world approaching 9 billion folks a ton of things WILL change. Tiny India will have more people than humongous China in 50 years...…...talk about backwards! Some of the things futurists talk about is quite interesting and a lot of it is feasible and within our known abilities today.
On another note, this area trips me out. Folks don't want abortion based on religious reasons (fine with me) but openly talk about elimination of individuals as if it is normal conversation.....really odd. At one time eugenics was all about improving the genetics of mankind, now it tends to speak freely about eliminating human beings. The OLD, SICK, incarcerated & physically disabled are on the clock in that world......and probably a few others if that theorem takes root. That is going to be some cra-cra if that takes hold in our lifetimes, all thanks to the environmental wacko's.

That's why the liberals want our guns. Can't happen if we are armed.