Home Defense: would you use this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great advice from many...
    For true results...build yourself a mock up sheetrock wall with 2x4s and insulation between it. Shoot at it with various loads. You will know what penetrates.
    #6s are deadly at close range...do the tests. Know for yourself. No turning back once you pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
      I overheard the guy at the academy gun counter the other day tell someone that when you rack a shotgun you won’t even need to have it loaded because the guy will run away. And if you do shoot, you don’t even have to aim with those bad boys. You can pull it up to your hip and fire and everything in front of you will be dead all the way across the house. But it won’t go through walls. So yeah. You should be good.

Haha on the real. I don’t think there would be an issue. I wouldn’t wanna be shot with it. Haha
      Seems legit....

To the OP, it will work fine if not great. If you're concerned about interior wall penetration then step down in size to a heavy turkey load or such. I can tell you in a home invasion situation where 15 yards would be incredibly long I wouldn't want to stand in front of bird shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
        Would be great.......

Well a lot better than a pointed stick....................
        or ...a coffee cup

Comment

Working...
        X