Impressed with pawpaw mode on 5.0 F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did my first fill up on my 2018 F150 today. It is a SuperCrew, 4x4, 3.31 with the 5.0 V8. Just to see what it could do, I drove the entire tank on Eco and with the auto stop activated. I only took it off Eco when merging onto or across a highway. Daily commute is Kingwood to downtown. 657.8 miles on 31.01 gallons. 21.2mpg hand calculated. I think the 10 speed trans helps

I'm glad I don't have to pay for my own gas...never used eco, but sport mode in town is awesome!!

Comment

That's awesome! Only averaging 18 in my 3.5 Ecoboost. Granted I have a brush grill guard and 33" all terrains. Awesome gas mileage and range!

Comment

I need to try that pawpaw mode. Everyone likes a pawpaw, I know because they always wave at me when they pass me........

Comment

I have the 3.31 with the 5.0 and 10 speed transmission. 2018 F150. I’m running 34x11.50 and I’m getting 18 mpg in normal mode driving from Tomball to Memorial City every day. I haven’t tried eco though. And I always turn the Auto Stop off everytime I get in the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by futureagg; 08-08-2018, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
            That's awesome! Only averaging 18 in my 3.5 Ecoboost. Granted I have a brush grill guard and 33" all terrains. Awesome gas mileage and range!

I’m only getting 15-16 in my Ecoboost and it’s a 2012! I figured I should be getting more. [emoji53]

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
              I’m only getting 15-16 in my Ecoboost and it’s a 2012! I figured I should be getting more. [emoji53]

You might need spark plugs. I had a misfire/rough idle in my ‘12 eco and replaced the spark plugs and a couple coils at 80k. Couldn’t get rid of the rough idle, but my mpg went back
              up to 18/19 like it was when it was new.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                I'm glad I don't have to pay for my own gas...never used eco, but sport mode in town is awesome!!

That Camaro on the car package?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
                  You might need spark plugs. I had a misfire/rough idle in my ‘12 eco and replaced the spark plugs and a couple coils at 80k. Couldn’t get rid of the rough idle, but my mpg went back
                  up to 18/19 like it was when it was new.

I replaced all the plugs (not the coils) at 60,000 mi (currently sitting at 67,000). I did have a misfire around 55,000 and it threw a code. That was what prompted me to replace all the plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
                    I replaced all the plugs (not the coils) at 60,000 mi (currently sitting at 67,000). I did have a misfire around 55,000 and it threw a code. That was what prompted me to replace all the plugs.

I get about 15 at best, but I also have a really short, stop and go commute to work that probably doesn’t help.

I figured it’s about time to change the plugs and some tune-up on my 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                      That Camaro on the car package?

The F150 has normal, eco, ice, tow & sport...the sport works amazingly well for stop & go traffic (of which I do very little in the co truck) It changes the shift points & holds higher rpm's. I don't think it even utilizes 9th or 10th gear which are the overdrives.

I haven't read up on the eco / pawpaw but assuming it's an Active Fuel Management system that shuts down 1/2 the cylinders for the 5.0 I'm assuming??

~~~~~~

The Camaro is a bit more snazzy & can alter the suspension, steering & sound management with Tour, Sport & Track...it has an Ice setting as well, but I don't even take it out when the weather gets into the 50's. The GY F3 supercar tires are summer only & kinda spooky how they don't grip when cold.

Comment

Working...
                      X