The Timer Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Timer Problems

So I used to the love these timers to death but wow have I had problems with them and have begun to hate them. I'd say at least two seasons I've had the feeder either decided midnight was a good time to feed or to not feed at all on opening day of bow season.

Last year I had one turn on and spin until the battery died so spun 300+ lbs of corn.

This morning I've got one that was 22 min to Early in going off. Went off at 6.38 when it should go off at 7. This has happened before it slowly changes the time.

I've talked to the owner before and he has sent me replacements and solar panels for my trouble but this is one of the replacements.

Any thoughts on trying to go back to him or possibly change to a better timer?

Scott

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Take it back where you bought it. They will usually replace them free. I’ve never had a problem but any electronic device can fail.

Comment

These are replacements from the manufacturer. So I. Sure I'll have to call him again

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
      Take it back where you bought it. They will usually replace them free. I’ve never had a problem but any electronic device can fail.

Comment

I am running 8 of them. Like them but 2 of them loose time.

Comment

Brand? Long history of problems with the Wildgame 6v timers. I switched it out for an Academy one and it's slinging like a champ

Comment

I just got a new one last year and opening weekend it stopped working replaced the AA batteries in it and it worked fine for 2 weeks then stopped again blank display checked batteries again still didn't work took it and they gave me a new one

Comment

%25 failure rate just isn't making me happy for a $70 timer

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
              I am running 8 of them. Like them but 2 of them loose time.

Comment

We're switching from WGI too American Hunter, What Buc EEs sells, as they go bad. So far I don't recollect any issues. Some are on their 3rd season

Comment

It's the name of the feeder timer. "The Timer"

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                  Brand? Long history of problems with the Wildgame 6v timers. I switched it out for an Academy one and it's slinging like a champ

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post

Comment

The manufacturer will make it right, he is a friend and a good guy to deal with. Agreed that it has to be annoying tho. I have run 8 for 5-6 years with no issues. Sorry your having troubles.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                        So I used to the love these timers to death but wow have I had problems with them and have begun to hate them. I'd say at least two seasons I've had the feeder either decided midnight was a good time to feed or to not feed at all on opening day of bow season.

Last year I had one turn on and spin until the battery died so spun 300+ lbs of corn.

This morning I've got one that was 22 min to Early in going off. Went off at 6.38 when it should go off at 7. This has happened before it slowly changes the time.

I've talked to the owner before and he has sent me replacements and solar panels for my trouble but this is one of the replacements.

Any thoughts on trying to go back to him or possibly change to a better timer?

Scott
                        Supposedly there was a bad batch of them but IDK. There will be guys come along here shortly to tell you to not bash them on here though

I like the ForEverlast timers. Site sponsor and same 5 year warranty as The Timer. Sorry you're having issues....arriving to a hunt to find out you are having feeder problems SUCKS!!

Comment

Hmm . . . I have one acting similar to this. It reset the clock to midnight, and wiped out the feeding throwing times. I checked all of the connections, reset the clock and throw times, and it decided to only throw on one of the set times and lost the other one. I thought I figured out the issue was that the batteries inside the unit itself were almost dead. I replaced those, and it worked like a champ for the next few hunts while I was there. It's been several weeks since I've been back, so I don't know if that permanently solved the issue yet.

Comment

I won't bash him as he has made it right in the past but as you can tell my frustrations costing lots of hunts and money fixing the problem. I feel you should get on the Chinese manufacturer pretty hard for the issues really.

Originally posted by Truckman View Post
                            The manufacturer will make it right, he is a friend and a good guy to deal with. Agreed that it has to be annoying tho. I have run 8 for 5-6 years with no issues. Sorry your having troubles.

Comment

Mine did the same. Reset itself. Changed to a new Duracell and it did it again. May be just my luck I got a bad Duracell. It seems it happens sometimes and sometimes doesn't. The feeder stuck on really sucked. Was one big pile of corn from an all seasons 600lb stand and fill. Had to replace battery as well since I was concerned with it burning itself up running for so long

Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
                              Hmm . . . I have one acting similar to this. It reset the clock to midnight, and wiped out the feeding throwing times. I checked all of the connections, reset the clock and throw times, and it decided to only throw on one of the set times and lost the other one. I thought I figured out the issue was that the batteries inside the unit itself were almost dead. I replaced those, and it worked like a champ for the next few hunts while I was there. It's been several weeks since I've been back, so I don't know if that permanently solved the issue yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X