Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 09-19-2018, 01:54 PM   #1
Roy Munson
Six Point

Default 3D Gun Guy Charged with Sexual Assault of a Child

https://www.statesman.com/news/break...7LpNg6yg0Z1JN/
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 02:08 PM   #2
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Well, I think a good lawyer would be very beneficial.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 02:09 PM   #3
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

15 will get you 20
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 02:15 PM   #4
meltingfeather
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gillespie, San Saba & Kerr primarily

Adios, Mr. Wilson.
meltingfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 02:16 PM   #5
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

sounds like a setup..
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 02:21 PM   #6
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
sounds like a setup..
It does sound a tad too convenient, but it also sounds like they have some hard evidence.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:25 PM   #7
Roy Munson
Six Point

Quote:
sounds like a setup..
Thats pretty sophisticated for a 16 year old. She would have to know he engaged in prostitution, know that he frequented a particular site, know his username and force him to send her messages.

Nothing there indicates he knew she was underage, but he wasn't duped into hiring a prostitute.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:26 PM   #8
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
It does sound a tad too convenient, but it also sounds like they have some hard evidence.
But do they have evidence he knew she was a minor?
I see a lot of girls walking past the fire station who appear to be over 18 that come from the HS down the road. This girl more than likely represented herself as 18 or older so he may have a case for some sort.
Now, if she said she was under 18 then he deserves what he gets
Old 09-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #9
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Oh well.......bye, bye!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 02:35 PM   #10
Roy Munson
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
But do they have evidence he knew she was a minor?
I see a lot of girls walking past the fire station who appear to be over 18 that come from the HS down the road. This girl more than likely represented herself as 18 or older so he may have a case for some sort.
Now, if she said she was under 18 then he deserves what he gets

To limit liability to the website, I am sure the terms of service probably requires that you represent yourself as 18 or older. The affidavit doesn't contain any information that he did or did not know her true age. Unfortunately, that isn't a defense.

17 is legal in Texas but 30yo on a less than 22yo seems cringeworthy.

Once you hit 30 the following formula applies

1/2 your age + 7 years = youngest you are allowed to "date"
Old 09-19-2018, 02:44 PM   #11
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
Thats pretty sophisticated for a 16 year old. She would have to know he engaged in prostitution, know that he frequented a particular site, know his username and force him to send her messages.

Nothing there indicates he knew she was underage, but he wasn't duped into hiring a prostitute.
Or she recently got picked up on prostitution changes until a 3 letter agency stepped in and offered her a get out of jail free pass if she... connected with this man, met up with him....

Sounds crazy, but it also doesent sound that far fetched
Old 09-19-2018, 02:46 PM   #12
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

Quote:
Or she recently got picked up on prostitution changes until a 3 letter agency stepped in and offered her a get out of jail free pass if she... connected with this man, met up with him....

Sounds crazy, but it also doesent sound that far fetched
I don't care if that's true. If he went for that bait, knowing what it was, he should be prosecuted.
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 02:49 PM   #13
venado
Ten Point

Hunt In: Webb, Guadalupe and Caldwell Countys

My first thought was set-up. Unfortunately you have to be vulnerable to illegal activity for a set-up to work. Offhand does not appear to have started as entrapment by LE.
venado is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 02:51 PM   #14
donpablo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land

Quote:

The article never stated that the money was a condition of the physical relationship so he may not be guilty of prostitution. However, correct me if Iím wrong but I donít think ignorance of the minorís age is a defense on a statuatory rape charge. Thatís just the way it is today. If you have sex outside of marriage the only way to protect yourself against something like this is to ask for ID. Or as someone already suggested, if there might be a chance, just walk away.
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 02:51 PM   #15
trjones87
Pope & Young

creating sugardaddymeet.com account brb
trjones87 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 02:53 PM   #16
Bowdark
Eight Point

Hunt In: East Texas swamps to Teton County

1. The girl was 17 at the time. In one story I read (Austin American Statesman) she sent him pictures of her while nude. Does that mean she will be arrested for transmitting child ****? I havenít heard anything about that.

2. Will the site he met her on be fined or taken to court for pimping out a minor? Did they not have a way to verify she was not of age?

3. Did he know she was 17 at the time? If so, did she tell him and do they have this on tape?

At most, without anything to corroborate her story, he is guilty of being stupid enough to hire a prostitute. For that he will be publicly flogged for the rest of his life.

And more than anything I smell a set up, and someone wants him brought down fast.
Bowdark is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 03:09 PM   #17
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Quote:
To limit liability to the website, I am sure the terms of service probably requires that you represent yourself as 18 or older. The affidavit doesn't contain any information that he did or did not know her true age. Unfortunately, that isn't a defense.

17 is legal in Texas but 30yo on a less than 22yo seems cringeworthy.

Once you hit 30 the following formula applies

1/2 your age + 7 years = youngest you are allowed to "date"
I don't know whose formula that is Roy, but it has no validity in real life. People come in all ages in personality, intelligence, and just good common sense, and it doesn't necessarily match their actual age. I married my wife of 36 years at 35 and she was 19. It has never been a problem except to other people who don't pay enough attention to their own business.
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 03:15 PM   #18
Roy Munson
Six Point

1. The girl was 17 at the time. In one story I read (Austin American Statesman) she sent him pictures of her while nude. Does that mean she will be arrested for transmitting child ****? I havenít heard anything about that.

She was under 17 at the time of the offense. Otherwise, it isn't sexual assault of a child. She is at most 16.

2. Will the site he met her on be fined or taken to court for pimping out a minor? Did they not have a way to verify she was not of age?

No to the first ? because of "Safe Harbor" and they don't have to verify. They just have to ask.

3. Did he know she was 17 at the time? If so, did she tell him and do they have this on tape?

Unknown. Who would have it on tape? The police weren't involved. She told her counselor who is required by law to inform the police when a minor reports being sexually assaulted. Even if he believed he to be 17 it isn't a defense.

At most, without anything to corroborate her story, he is guilty of being stupid enough to hire a prostitute. For that he will be publicly flogged for the rest of his life.

And more than anything I smell a set up, and someone wants him brought down fast.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-19-2018, 03:20 PM   #19
Roy Munson
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
I don't know whose formula that is Roy, but it has no validity in real life. People come in all ages in personality, intelligence, and just good common sense, and it doesn't necessarily match their actual age. I married my wife of 36 years at 35 and she was 19. It has never been a problem except to other people who don't pay enough attention to their own business.
Its a pretty common expression but it obviously has exceptions. I meant no offense.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #20
adam_p
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson, Cooke, Denton

Highly intelligent moron.

Doesn't matter if it was a setup or not. My understanding is the burden is on you to determine age.
adam_p is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 03:31 PM   #21
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:

Nobody said anything about being duped into hiring a prostitute or paying for sex. That is obvious.

But I wouldn't put anything past folks with an anti-gun agenda for the rest.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:58 PM   #22
adam_p
Ten Point

Wouldn't surprise me if she poked around online and found out who he was, found the correct the people who would like to see him taken down and offered to come forward for monetary gain. She is a hooker, why wouldn't she come forward for more money?

But none of this matters, he screwed himself.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #23
J-Fish
Eight Point

Hunt In: Walker and Menard County

I bet its a set up due to his profile of what he is trying to do, but what do I know. Maybe someone pretending to be him, to get him in trouble.

Its a shame that nothing will happen to her. She is the victim but where are her morals, out looking for a sugar daddy. If she was 18 we would be calling her a prostitute. Old enough to make adult choices, old enough to face adult punishment.

This is not someone forced into sex trafficking but someone with no morals trying to make money at the oldest profession.

I guess I am trying to say, punish them both if the courts find them guilty.
J-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 04:17 PM   #24
sbushee
Ten Point

Hunt In: The Outside

He can go pound sand. Hope he gets what he deserves. Told the girl he was a “big deal”. Such a punk
sbushee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 04:34 PM   #25
adam_p
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Fish View Post
I bet its a set up due to his profile of what he is trying to do, but what do I know. Maybe someone pretending to be him, to get him in trouble.

Its a shame that nothing will happen to her. She is the victim but where are her morals, out looking for a sugar daddy. If she was 18 we would be calling her a prostitute. Old enough to make adult choices, old enough to face adult punishment.

This is not someone forced into sex trafficking but someone with no morals trying to make money at the oldest profession.

They have video of him meeting her at a coffee shop. They have video of him and her at the hotel. They have his hotel registration. They have video of his car with his license plate on it. They have a picture of his junk that they want to compare to his junk.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:38 PM   #26
J-Fish
Eight Point

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
They have video of him meeting her at a coffee shop. They have video of him and her at the hotel. They have his hotel registration. They have video of his car with his license plate on it. They have a picture of his junk that they want to compare to his junk.
Yeah, they have proof that Trump and the Russians rigged the elections too... if you believe the reporters. Lets let the trial sort out the facts, not the reporters.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:08 PM   #27
Roy Munson
Six Point

Quote:

This.^^^

His crime wasn't that he intentionally had sex with a someone he knew to be a child. It was that he had sex with someone he believed was of age but was actually a child. We don't make exceptions for these situations because everyone who has ever been accused of this crime says "She told me she was 17."

I think its pretty clear that he didn't know she was 16.

He met her in public places with video surveillance. He registered his hotel room under his own name. That's not what people when they think they are committing a crime that lands you on the sex offender registry.

The internet has made us lazy. 20 years ago a 30yo male would have had to go to a bar and invest money and time to get some strange. That invested time was critically important to rooting out the crazy. It has totally dulled our senses.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #28
175gr7.62
Ten Point

Hunt In: Red River County,Harrison County, SW Kansas,

Make sure your stuff is stowed before you start rocking the boat.....I'm just saying.....

Last edited by 175gr7.62; 09-19-2018 at 05:52 PM.
175gr7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 05:19 PM   #29
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbushee View Post
He can go pound sand. Hope he gets what he deserves. Told the girl he was a ďbig dealĒ. Such a punk
I'm pretty much on the same page. Not gonna defend him because he is a "gun guy"......lol

Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 05:47 PM   #30
Jcjohnson
Eight Point

Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
I'm pretty much on the same page. Not gonna defend him because he is a "gun guy"......lol

Yes sir, me either. Even if it was a set up he took the illegal bait for them to set the hook. Don’t see any way imaginable I’d find my self in bed with a teenage girl.
Jcjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 06:19 PM   #31
RR 314
Ten Point

As Mr. Munson stated, sex with a minor is a strict liability crime. She can show you a birth certificate, drivers license and a note from mom—if she is under 17 (in Texas) to jail we go!

Please reference Hank Jr., Knoxville Courthouse Blues. :-)
RR 314 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 06:30 PM   #32
Bruiser
Ten Point

Quote:

oh so you know this person inreresting
Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 06:31 PM   #33
Bruiser
Ten Point

Quote:
who is they uh huh thught so
Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 06:40 PM   #34
J-Fish
Eight Point

So, do you think Brett Kavanaugh sex scandal is legit too or just another made up scandal?

They couldn't stop this guy from distributing his product one way or another.... Isn't it odd that he would take his eye off the "ball" for something like this? Just saying, maybe its a way to keep him from sharing his ideas around the world.

Last edited by J-Fish; 09-19-2018 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:57 PM   #35
Thumper
Pope & Young

Where are all the other charges on the rest of her customers?
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 07:05 PM   #36
adam_p
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
who is they uh huh thught so
Umm, Austin PD.

His battle is with the feds and always has been.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:08 PM   #37
adam_p
Ten Point

Quote:
So, do you think Brett Kavanaugh sex scandal is legit too or just another made up scandal?

They couldn't stop this guy from distributing his product one way or another.... Isn't it odd that he would take his eye off the "ball" for something like this? Just saying, maybe its a way to keep him from sharing his ideas around the world.
Has Brett Kavanagh been charged with a crime? Is there any evidence against him?

Pretty sure we all know the answer to that
Old 09-19-2018, 07:31 PM   #38
meltingfeather
Ten Point

Quote:
sounds like a setup..
not in the least.
what about the story are you alluding to.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:35 PM   #39
meltingfeather
Ten Point

Quote:

so he's begin set up and the 16 YO needs moral scrutiny and punishment?
amazing...
SMH
Old 09-19-2018, 07:42 PM   #40
flywise
Pope & Young

So, this little innocent young lady registers as a client on a whore website, sells her goodies, commits child **** crimes and there is no mention of any consequences for her actions.
Sure, if this guy knew she was a minor he should spend time in prison. He should face scrutiny and shame from family and friends but this chick needs to pay some sort of price for her actions as well.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:43 PM   #41
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
not in the least.
what about the story are you alluding to.

read post 21 for a better explanation..

I'm just saying I wouldn't put it past them to have set him up.

I'm not saying he's innocent at all. I'm just saying there are some crazy som bitches out there that will go to extreme lengths to get what they want....or remove somebody from their agenda..
Old 09-19-2018, 07:54 PM   #42
doghouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills County

Quote:
So, this little innocent young lady registers as a client on a whore website, sells her goodies, commits child **** crimes and there is no mention of any consequences for her actions.
Sure, if this guy knew she was a minor he should spend time in prison. He should face scrutiny and shame from family and friends but this chick needs to pay some sort of price for her actions as well.
This ^^^^^^
doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 08:03 PM   #43
SmTx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jim Wells

I'm just glad they didn't catch BobLee
SmTx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 08:10 PM   #44
DKey88
Four Point

Hunt In: Mexico

Quote:
Right on, bruh!
DKey88 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 09:24 PM   #45
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hardin Co

I see what you did there
Quote:
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 09:42 PM   #46
Roy Munson
Six Point

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
I see what you did there

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Old 09-19-2018, 10:22 PM   #47
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcjohnson View Post
Yes sir, me either. Even if it was a set up he took the illegal bait for them to set the hook. Donít see any way imaginable Iíd find my self in bed with a teenage girl.

You couldnít see yourself at 22 going home with a 17 year old who was at a bar drinking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 10:26 PM   #48
brysdad
Ten Point

If, and it would be a huge freaking if, some government agency was responsible for this, then that would make them parties to the sexual assault of a child. I guess stranger things have happened but that seems like a mighty long stretch.
brysdad is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 10:33 PM   #49
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
This is a pretty interesting bit...I would be willing to wager & agree with Smart that it is a set up of sorts. Not so much of the angle the gal intentionally targeted him, but that he himself was already on the radar & 'they' gotta got'm with the minor as a bonus.

Even if she was of age, there would still be thread on TBH of the 3D Gun Guy being a John...the minor is just gravy to defeat his battle. Fro the article:

The affidavit said a counselor called Austin police on Aug. 22 to report that a girl under the age of 17 told her she had sex with a 30-year-old man on Aug. 15 and was paid $500.

It's all speculation on my point but reckon 'counselor' reached out to this gal & said we got way more than $5 bones if you will come to our dance & make 3D sit this one out. Just me connecting the dots in my own head...I really don't understand the whole 3D printing fascination be it pro or anti gun in regards to the final product. Still not sure how the whole plastic gun is a desirable deal?? There are no plastic rounds, so the whole metal detector argument is dumb. It's legal to mfg your own gun made of metal / allow anyway, just can't mfg with the intent to sell sans Lic.

ANYWAY, 3D guy flees to Taiwan...ick. The creep just lost his free speech case at the cost of $500 of his own $$$$.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2018, 10:34 PM   #50
Jcjohnson
Eight Point

Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
You couldn’t see yourself at 22 going home with a 17 year old who was at a bar drinking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn’t realize he was 22. Bad comparison, my bad. At 34 I see no reason for me being with a girl that age drinking or not. Actually probably worse if she was drinking under age. If he has all this money why not stay between the lines? I’m sure he easily could have. It’s a pretty moronic move.

Last edited by Jcjohnson; 09-19-2018 at 10:38 PM.
Jcjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top