Keep up the good work ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
    Right, wrong or indifferent, I will give it to JJ that he stands up for what he believes in. Sometime even while facing mountains of contradictory facts.

I think he is being pretty genuine here. I dont think there is any question on which side of the table I sit on.

And I bought some stock. Sold my soul for a whopping $32 (I am planning to see what the Christmas season does before selling). But I also bought BP after the Horizon, pipelines after the Indian mess, and made other investments in companies that I may not agree with. That money is still green like the rest.....
    The AMERICAN way sir...………...simply the American Way!!!
    Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
    I agree with Buff on this. Had no one lost their minds about Kaepernick kneeling in the first place, his name would probably elicit a "who?" from most people right now.
    Pretty good post right there. That was my impression even when Tebow took a knee to protest abortion. Freedom of choice, expression and speech...……...with the understanding that consequences follow each. Fair enough!

Comment

Im still trying to figure out what good work was/is being done?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
        Right, wrong or indifferent, I will give it to JJ that he stands up for what he believes in. Sometime even while facing mountains of contradictory facts.

I think he is being pretty genuine here. I dont think there is any question on which side of the table I sit on.

And I bought some stock. Sold my soul for a whopping $32 (I am planning to see what the Christmas season does before selling). But I also bought BP after the Horizon, pipelines after the Indian mess, and made other investments in companies that I may not agree with. That money is still green like the rest.....

I will agree with that. Most know I don't agree with most of what Jj says ( specially saying Leflop is the GOAT) BUT I have respect for him as well. Stands up for what he believes in(right or MOSTLY wrong) and takes alot of crap and is usually not disrespectful at all...no matter what is said to him. Props to you Jj for that.

That being said I think most of what you stand up for and believe is is crap but have respect for you with the way you do it.
        Oh and I hope both of you lose your *** on your stocks!

Now I would also like to know what good is being done by all of this?
        Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 09-11-2018, 04:42 PM.

Comment

I didn't read the link yet & tend to live in a bubble sometimes...the day after this happened I said it was a horrible & atrocious biz decision. A day or two later while pounding the pavement like always & listening to sat news radio, some financial guru said it was genius of Nike to take this angle & wait to for the stock swing. I was like, go on??

He went onto to say that the Americas was never their target audience & simply using our emotions to play this game with 'Nike' hitting the pings on the WWW which would increase their main target base in the east (China) like a tidal wave, who doesn't give a crap about the entire situation.

I hate'm for having the brilliance to exploit the said situation, but gotta eat crow & admit whoever in marketing they paid & who sold this idea deserves credit for the dirty dollar earned. I don't have to like it, but understand it all boils down to $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Americas was never their target audience & simply using our emotions to play this game with 'Nike' hitting the pings on the WWW which would increase their main target base in the east (China).

I hate'm for having the brilliance to exploit the said situation, but gotta eat crow & admit whoever in marketing they paid & who sold this idea deserves credit for the dirty dollar earned. I don't have to like it, but understand it all boils down to $$$.
            Despicable. The company that operates in such a manner is not worth trading with and not worth my hard-earned $. Shows you how low they really are.

Levi's, Nike, D ick's Sporting Goods, etc. will never again see a cent of my money.

Comment

I think your list should be longer than 3 companies if that is really your stance Artos is spot on as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Im still trying to figure out what good work was/is being done?
                The attention / boycott and news of the before mentioned has helped sales and raise the stock price - which I bought some of.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                  The attention / boycott and news of the before mentioned has helped sales and raise the stock price - which I bought some of.
                  Hope you sell while you have a profit. I doubt it will last.....going to go the way of bitcoin.

Comment

Hope you sell while you have a profit. I doubt it will last.....going to go the way of bitcoin.
                    Uh oh - I'm guessing I dont want to look at my XRP.

Comment

The old law of gravity. What goes up must come down. In this case the air has been leaking out and will continue. That hole they punched is too big to fix now.
                      Remember when you first let a balloon loose it shoots straight up until the air is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        The old law of gravity. What goes up must come down. In this case the air has been leaking out and will continue. That hole they punched is too big to fix now.
                        Remember when you first let a balloon loose it shoots straight up until the air is gone.
                        Unless it's apple stock...

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                          Unless it's apple stock...
                          Touche'[emoji457]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Stock closed at an all time high ...

Comment

I just returned an old pair of Nike's to the store. They wanted to know what was wrong with them. I told them they hurt my feet when I stand for the national anthem.

Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                                Stock closed at an all time high ...

This is irrelevant for the time being. We won’t know if sales have been affected for at least another quarter. Their stock price on that announcement will be relevant. If their sales drop, you can be sure their stock price will too. Sales may actually increase...who knows, but their stock price today is no indication of what ramifications from this decision will or will not be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X