No announcement yet.

Please help me pray for our Emmett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been and will continue to pray for little guy and your family. Keep leaning on the Father.

Comment

Lord, please continue to hold little Emmett in your loving hands. Bless him with strength and health and growth. And bless his parents with courage, patience, and peace. Hold this family close, Lord. Surround them with family and friends that will shower them with your love and encouragement. I pray that your power and glory will be seen through Emmett's life.

In Jesus' holy name I pray these things.

Amen

Comment

Hang in there. Big prayers.

Comment

Sir this is hard to read, and I cant imagine going through it. Please know there are lots of people praying for Emmett's health, and comfort for you and yours. Are yall still at Dell Children's? Its a good hospital, lots of good folks there. Let us know if there is anything you need help with so you don't have to worry about it. I can mow the heck out of a yard, or whatever you need. By the way, whats your last name?

Ryan
          Last edited by Rubberdown; 08-29-2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            Lord, please continue to hold little Emmett in your loving hands. Bless him with strength and health and growth. And bless his parents with courage, patience, and peace. Hold this family close, Lord. Surround them with family and friends that will shower them with your love and encouragement. I pray that your power and glory will be seen through Emmett's life.

In Jesus' holy name I pray these things.

Amen
            Praying in agreement with my brother Shane... lifting Emmett and his mom and dad up to You Lord. Amen.

Comment

Oh man! That apnea episode was scary. Prayers up to help you as parents to cope with such intense moments. Continued prayers for Emmett and all of his caregivers.

Comment

Joshua 1:9 NIV
                Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up for y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                    Day 19 update. A day that will forever be embedded in my memory as the scariest day of my life.

Our day began with good news. Emmett's numbers from his a.m. bloodwork were coming back to normal. They started him back on milk, but only at 3 ml because of the concern from yesterday and the green backflow. By mid morning, he was back to his 9 ml and digesting almost all of it. We found a sweet little note that Emmett wrote us informing us that he now weighed 2 lbs! His bowels picked back up again. Basically, things were looking much more upbeat to start the day.

We had a visit from the electrophysiologist that was overseeing Emmett. This was the first opportunity we had to met him and discuss plans for Emmett and the inevitable pacemaker that he will be receiving. We learned that as long as he is tolerating his heart rate, they will go as long as possible before placing a pacemaker in him, even if it means discharging him. This was surprising news to us. We also reaffirmed that he is too small for them to do anything right now should he begin to not tolerate the low heart rate, which is scary.

We had another visit from the cardiologist to discuss the echocardiogram done on Emmett's heart. We learned that the PDA doubled in size since reopening last Saturday. We were warned this could happen, but it didn't make it any easier to hear. On the other hand, there was news that trumped the PDA setback. The hypertrophy (thickening of the septum and outer wall) in his left ventricle regressed some, leading the cardiologist to believe that this may be something that will correct itself. Although not guaranteed, this was news we were praying hard to receive. As the cardiologist was wrapping up her discussion, I shifted my gaze to Emmett and his vitals monitor...

I noticed his heart rate and O2 saturation were a little low. The nurse who happened to be in the room also noticed, and was watching over him. All of a sudden his numbers started to plummet. The cardiologist was mid sentence as I immediately popped to my feet and jumped to the incubator. The nurse was lightly shaking Emmett. I look back at the monitor to see his HR and O2 drop into the 40s. Literally right before our eyes Emmett went from normal color to pale white in seconds. My heart sank, and with tear filled eyes I watched as the nurse pulled the oxygen mask from the wall and started giving Emmett oxygen. I feared the absolute worse was happening. Our nurse stayed calm, and as the cardiologist asked if he needed help, he responded with a "we're ok." I finally seen Emmett take a breath, and his numbers started ascending again. We fought to keep it together, and as the dust settled and the room cleared, Krystal and I held each other tight and had a moment. We thanked God that our little man was ok.

The nurse explained that what Emmett went through would be considered a severe case of Apnea and bradycardia. This happens in premature babies, and if you all recall from a previous post Emmett did have a short spell of apnea once before. He's going to send me to the grave early if I have to go through many more of those.

We've had so many people reach out to us or friends of ours telling us how and where they are praying for Emmett. It's been so comforting hearing of all the places spread around the world that people have prayed for our little guy. I've been told about multiple church sermons and Sunday school lessons that have been about Emmett and the power of prayer. Several folks have reached out saying Emmett has brought them closer to God. Our little man has made more of an impact in this world during his 3 weeks than his parents have in 64 combined years. You know what? We couldn't be more proud. Thank you all for every post, prayer, and thought. We're blessed to have you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I’ve shared your story with my wife, and we are continuing to pray for y’all. We received some news yesterday that we didn’t want, regarding the echo done on Kyler. So I completely understand how you feel. My dad reminded me yesterday, and again this morning, that it is part of God’s plan. As much as I try to remind myself of that, I needed to hear it. Hopefully you can find some comfort knowing that what your little guy is going through, is part of His plan. Hang in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

God bless you! I cannot imagine the hardships that you and your wife are going through. Remain strong! My family and I are praying for you!
                      3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. (*2 Corinthians‬ *1‬:*3‬ NIV)

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent for Emmett, his Mom and his Father

Comment

We are still praying in unity for Emmett, Mom, Dad, and family. Lord please guide his caregivers. Lord we ask for strength, comfort, patience, and the supernatural healing that only you can provide. We ask all this through our mighty Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen

Comment

Praying for you.

Comment

Prayers are up for little man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X