No announcement yet.

Spray in bedliner paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did exterior on 90 F350 7.3 IDI 4x4 and had many turn away due to it being all bed liner when I was selling it. Personally, I will never do a full body bed liner again. The ones posted above look great and I would buy them but many would not.
    I used DIY MonstaLiner on my wife's Nissan, inside the bed and side tool boxes. So far it has held up very good. We haul tons of furniture for our antique store and had the factory paint al scratched up. Prep is the secret and I used a spray gun this time, I will never go back to a roller.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamhooked View Post
      I have a 1995 Toyota Tacoma and thinking about a bedliner paint job for the entire truck.
      Any recommendations? Do it yourself? Pros and cons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
      I did my Nissan 4x4 ranch truck with tan bed liner spray cans. I ordered a case off Home depot and used all 6 cans on the truck, taped off everything and all that. Turned out good and only cost around $70 for everything.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	520EDB73-1490-45E2-BDEB-AC94E467606C.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	24539670

I did my hunting truck myself and I think it turned out great. And being tinted I don’t think it will fad like the black will. If it does I’ll just spray it again. It’s not bad to do either

Comment

I used custom coat with a spray gun. You can buy a kit off of eBay with everything you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
            had my sons Fj done for 2500. It looks amazing.. No fading either..

[ATTACH]908506[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]908507[/ATTACH]
            That looks good. Thanks for sharing the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
              Did my jeep with my son last summer. I went with monstaliner. Haven’t notice any fading or other isssues. Love the look and durability.

[ATTACH]908538[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]908539[/ATTACH]
              How much prep was involved?
              Looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                I did my Nissan 4x4 ranch truck with tan bed liner spray cans. I ordered a case off Home depot and used all 6 cans on the truck, taped off everything and all that. Turned out good and only cost around $70 for everything.

That's my kind of price on a bedliner paint job. How much prep was involved?

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
                  [ATTACH]908558[/ATTACH]

I did my hunting truck myself and I think it turned out great. And being tinted I don’t think it will fad like the black will. If it does I’ll just spray it again. It’s not bad to do either
                  It certainly looks great. What brand of liner did you use?

Comment

That's my kind of price on a bedliner paint job. How much prep was involved?

It took me longer to tape everything off. The paint goes on well. I didn't primer it, it was red before. I'll post a pic later on.

Comment

It certainly looks great. What brand of liner did you use?

It’s called Custom Coat and comes in a kit with a spray gun. Hardest part is taping everything off.

Comment

I had my 2500HD done over 6 years ago and no fading yet. Had it personally done, so can't remember which product they used. I doubt the OP is worried about resell value with a '95 model.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

How much prep was involved?
                          Looks great.

Thanks

I spent about a day and half prepping and pulling off parts before I started rolling the monstaliner. It took a about 6 hrs to tape and roll two coats.

Comment

yall have to much money...

Comment

I’ve never seen a Line X liner more than 5 years old that’s in the sun every day not be faded.

I wouldn’t line a vehicle I owned for several reasons. Between the fading issue, added weight and if not properly applied it will peel up as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                I’ve never seen a Line X liner more than 5 years old that’s in the sun every day not be faded.

I wouldn’t line a vehicle I owned for several reasons. Between the fading issue, added weight and if not properly applied it will peel up as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

People always refer to the "added weight". How many pounds of added weight do you think the paint job adds? You would be surprised it is less than adding another adult human. It's not even noticeable. The guy Krivo used is who I would recommend as I recommended Krivo to him. If you get it done right it won't peel or fade and it doesn't add much weight to the vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                                X