Shower tile help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shower tile help

We are fixing to remodel our shower and looking for advice of shower tile. Which surface type and size? Our main concern is getting something that will be easier to keep clean. We considered acrylic panels, but really don’t care for the look. Would larger tiles and small grout lines be best? My wife’s biggest concern is having a great looking tile shower, but a nightmare to keep clean. Also any tips on sealant or other things to combat mold and best ways to keep clean.

You can get a marble product in sheets that are 1 inch thick. Maybe it cultured granite/marble if I remember right

Comment

I just used regular floor tile and then sealed the grout. Cleans easy.
      Attached Files

Comment

Use whatever you want. As long as you seal the grout (and tile if using tumbled marble ) your good to go. Easy maintenance really

I’d prefer 3/16” grout lines USUALLY. Not so wide that there’s a lot of grout, but wide enough that you get good grout application

Comment

Whatever you do, get the grout sealed from the git-go. Cleaning and sealing the grout three years later is a much larger job than just doing it from the beginning. Don't ask me how I know.

Comment

Thanks I’ll make sure the grout is sealed and plan to reseal it once a year or so.

Comment

I finally got this done, it took me about two weeks between time off and work. We went with a standard floor tile on the walls and cut mosaic flat cut stone for the floor. It was a ton of work from start to finish. I used the spray on/wipe off grout sealer and it was very easy. You will be able to tell when it needs to be reapplied because the water bnb won't repel like it did when you first put it on.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
                We are fixing to remodel our shower and looking for advice of shower tile. Which surface type and size? Our main concern is getting something that will be easier to keep clean. We considered acrylic panels, but really don’t care for the look. Would larger tiles and small grout lines be best? My wife’s biggest concern is having a great looking tile shower, but a nightmare to keep clean. Also any tips on sealant or other things to combat mold and best ways to keep clean.
                Put Rain X on the Walls and the Door - it will keep the water from settling in. Just don't get it on the floor!

Comment

If you want a totaly maintence free shower use epoxy grout. No need to seal EVER.
                  Standard shower will cost around $150.00 and a little more labor. But worth every bit.
                  5 years ago started using it and will not bid a shower with out using epoxy grout.

Comment

Cultured Marble. Very few seams and easy to keep clean.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                      I finally got this done, it took me about two weeks between time off and work. We went with a standard floor tile on the walls and cut mosaic flat cut stone for the floor. It was a ton of work from start to finish. I used the spray on/wipe off grout sealer and it was very easy. You will be able to tell when it needs to be reapplied because the water bnb won't repel like it did when you first put it on.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                      Wow that's awesome

Comment

Working...
                      X