Red River, Taos, Angelfire recommendations needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red River, Taos, Angelfire recommendations needed

Leaning on the Green Screen a bit here. I am planning a trip for my family. Our 3 kids (ages 1-4), my wife and i, and both sets of grandparents will be going. I am leaning towards Taos or Red River.

I've been looking at VRBO and Air BNB for a house to rent for a few days. Anyone have any recommendations? Need at least 3 bed / 3 bath.

Anything we just HAVE to do while we're out there?

Thanks in advance!

Red River is the best for a family. They actually have more trails open than taos.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Red River is the best for a family. They actually have more trails open than taos.

I should have mentioned, we are looking to go in July

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have stayed at the Edelweiss Condominiums in Red River a number of times. Heated pool for the kids and easy access to the trail head going to Greene Peak. Easy walk to town, very clean and nice folks running it. If you plan to take an ATV or UTV I understand they will let you ride trough town now to access other trails which would be sweet too. I love Red River in July.

Comment

The Woodlands, in Red River. My wife's parents own a condo there, you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Thanks guys I'll check those out

Comment

Definitely Red River. Taos is one different town. However, its not that far to just go sight see for one day (the square, Rio Grande Bridge). There is a fish hatchery just south of Questa on the way to Taos from Red River.

Comment

Originally posted by Okiehunter View Post
                I love Red River in July.
                Me too! If you have 4 wheel drive, take a run and check out Cabresto Lake, very pretty place! Great place for the family to take a trip to!
                Last edited by tgil; 02-26-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rileydog View Post
                  Definitely Red River. Taos is one different town. However, its not that far to just go sight see for one day (the square, Rio Grande Bridge). There is a fish hatchery just south of Questa on the way to Taos from Red River.
                  Those odd, greasy transient people are everywhere. LOL.

Comment

They have either perch or walleye in Eagle's Nest Lake. Definitely fishing there. Rent a 4 wheeler or two or three and ride in the National Forest outta Red River. Snowmobiling is excellent that way, I imagine 4 wheeler would be good too.

If you stay in Eagle's Nest, our outfitter put us up at Antlers Crossing. The owners are great, they serve good food during hunting season, and the rooms are small, but very nice.

Drive the ring of fire (I think that's what its called) loop between the three cities, check out Rio Grand Bridge. I've seen a bunch of bighorns at the bridge more than once.

Comment

I meant to add, hike to the top of Wheeler Peak. Tallest peak in New Mexico, and its a relatively easy hike up.

Comment

If you go to Taos make sure you eat at Orlando's.

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
                          Leaning on the Green Screen a bit here. I am planning a trip for my family. Our 3 kids (ages 1-4), my wife and i, and both sets of grandparents will be going. I am leaning towards Taos or Red River.

I've been looking at VRBO and Air BNB for a house to rent for a few days. Anyone have any recommendations? Need at least 3 bed / 3 bath.

Anything we just HAVE to do while we're out there?

Thanks in advance!
                          Head north an hour or two.

Comment

The Bavarian Restaurant in Taos is always a good spot.

Comment

Thanks all. Lots of good intel. Any cabin rentals or house rentals that I should look into?

Comment

Working...
                              X