X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's slow this evening. And hot!

Comment

Originally posted by jgirsh View Post
      Yeah I wasnt going to bring it up on here but it got brought up.

Buckdaddy borrowed a little homeade tripod I had and was going to use it pig hunting on Aquilla. He told me he took it home and a few weeks ago told me it was actually on corp land by Lake A. He hasnt returned it after numerous attempts. I would hate for this to turn into a theft case. I think I might have the law on my side....

Buckdaddy just return the stand and make it right with me.
      Might check where he shot that doe and fawn. Im just not sure what side of the fence it's on.

Comment

Nice to meet you to BigIron and you to Team Obsession. I did go back yesterday, didn't see anything so im changing strategies . Stayed home today and spent the day with my son.

Comment

Originally posted by jgirsh View Post
          Yeah I wasnt going to bring it up on here but it got brought up.

Buckdaddy borrowed a little homeade tripod I had and was going to use it pig hunting on Aquilla. He told me he took it home and a few weeks ago told me it was actually on corp land by Lake A. He hasnt returned it after numerous attempts. I would hate for this to turn into a theft case. I think I might have the law on my side....

Buckdaddy just return the stand and make it right with me.
          Not cool at all.. I hope you get it back.. One way or the other..

"Aim small, miss small"

Comment

To the guy that hunted next to me this evening, I would suggest you get your cough checked out. Im pretty sure Deer are not to fond of hacking all evening. Over all I had a good opening weekend busted a nice Doe at 20 yrds and only had to track her 30 yrds..

Comment

Got me a doe tonight also. Starting off the season with a deer. Heck yeAh.

Comment

SteveO and Texas stalker, congrats! Had 5 Doe I could see and a few that I could hear, but couldn't make it happen.

To the person that had the pipe feeders, thanks for removing them.
                Last edited by switchback; 10-02-2011, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Got busted. Heard snorts and deer leaving the area. Never saw em.

Later had 2 doe coming in straight to the tree I was in. Doe stopped, put her nose in the air and smelt something she didn't like (ME!!) and left. 3 or 4 more steps and she would have been clear for an easy 10 yard shot!!

Gonna keep at it!
                  Les

Comment

Well my season is goin good so far except for the fact that I missed a shot last night.

Comment

Well I missed a few opertunities Sat am. Those natural ground blinds are really hard to hunt from but had a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
                        Well I missed a few opertunities Sat am. Those natural ground blinds are really hard to hunt from but had a good time.
                        They are hard to hunt from sometimes, ESP since we can't cut limbs an stuff to make a good one.. But I like em..

"Aim small, miss small"

Comment

Good job Texas Stalker

Comment

I'm heading down, hunt tonight thru Wednesday night. Staying at mcCowan valley. Anyone want to meet up let me know. 8176902494 text or call.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                              They are hard to hunt from sometimes, ESP since we can't cut limbs an stuff to make a good one.. But I like em..

"Aim small, miss small"
                              I was able to make it a lot better in the evening by tieing limbs and branches in and out of the way and got covered up pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
                                I was able to make it a lot better in the evening by tieing limbs and branches in and out of the way and got covered up pretty well.
                                Good idea! I'll have to try that.

"Aim small, miss small"

Comment

Working...
                                X