Reputable "hot shot" service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reputable "hot shot" service?

Any of you handsome folks know of or do personnal business with a hot shot service that hauls vehicles? If things go to plan in the next few days we're selling our 05 Sequoia and 04 TL and then buying a 11 Sequoia. Problem is that leaves us with one vehicle. I've found a 90 F250 up in Washington that I want but don't know how to get something that size "shipped" down to Texas.

Hot shot advice??

Richard.

Load boards

Comment

Fly up there and drive it home. Probably cheaper than anything else you'll find.

Comment

I wouldn't refer to this as a hot shot service. You're looking for a car hauler. I would call some moving companies and see what they can do. People moving cross country often ship their cars and bundle with a moving package......not sure why they don't just drive, but that's a whole other thread.

Comment

Try uship.com

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Fly up there and drive it home. Probably cheaper than anything else you'll find.
            If I wasn't in the first 90 days of my new job I'd do it but my Chief wouldn't approve leave for the time it takes me to drive 2000 miles back home.

Richard.

Comment

I called a trucking company it's a lot cheaper than driving one. Have to fly up and drive back not knowing a new used vehicle tires and so on

Comment

You can try Exclusive Auto Transport in Venus, Texas. The owner is Brett, real good guy.
                817-477-5256

Comment

Wait! You are going to buy a 28 year old truck, sight unseen?

Word of caution: DON'T DO IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by perryr View Post
                    Try uship.com
                    I have a neighbor that used uship to get a non-running vehicle from Dallas down to Cypress.

Said it was the most economical option that he could find.

Comment

I used USHIP to send vehicle I bought from a fellow TBHer to my FIL and have no complaints. They shipped it to Illinois for less than the cost of fuel.

Comment

Call iris at 501-691-0372. I got them off of UShip and they were great to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

And from a place that is uses salt all over their roads. Surprised it has not rusted into a heap of slang already.......but it will

Comment

What is special about that one? It would seem that you could find a truck to buy closer to home. What about the salted roads that has been driven on for 30 years? Maybe there is more to the story, but it does not make much sense on the surface

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

Ding ding ding. Weeoo weeoo weeoo!

Rusted frame and cigarette smoked interior...no balls...do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X