Reloading 6.5 Creedmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloading 6.5 Creedmoor

For those of you that reload the 6.5, what brass do you use? I typically use Lapua (cry once).

I am going to buy the 100 pack of Hornady Black ammo for break in and thought I might be able to get a couple more loads out of them.

I also noticed some manufactures offer this brass in large and small primer options

I'm gonna start with the Hornady 143 ELDX and I4350, probably try some Nosler stuff too

I've been really happy with Peterson's brass. I use small primer pocket as it keeps primer pockets tighter for longer. I've found Hornady brass to be good for maybe 2 to 3 loadings. Some batches I've had seem softer than others.

Comment

I use Hornady brass. Typically buy there ammo to shoot (not the black) and then use the brass to load. As most know, they’re factory stuff is pretty good. I use IMR4350 and Varget. Use Winchester or CCI primers (large) and 140gn Sierra GK. My rifle really likes it. Get MOA out to 300 yards. That’s as far as I’ve shot so far

Comment

I’m on my fourth loading of Hornady brass. Pockets still good. I’m not hot rodding them though. 143’s at around 2730.

Comment

Ive tried all variations of brass and primers. Out to the distances I can legitimately shoot (500 yards). I see no difference with brass or primers. If you start pushing max ordinance on the .264 bullet out of the 6.5CM then you will have to pay attention to details.
          I've even gotten lazy and bought some boxed ammo this fall accuracy still acceptable in most of my hunting scenarios.

Comment

Peterson or Lapua. Both are great. Hornady brass is pretty inconsistent. Small primer brass keeps the pockets tighter for more reloads.

Comment

I use hornady but will be changing it up. Using 147 match bullets at around 2800fps using RE16 (still working up from there as well didnt show pressure signs yet). H4350 is nice but other powders can get you more speed and less pressure.

Comment

Been happy with Hornady in creedmoor, 3+ loadings so far.

Comment

I use Hornady, mine have been loaded 4 times and this last time I found a couple split necks.
                  Accuracy has been great with occasional fliers, hornady brass not super consistent so I weigh them and separate accordingly.
                  I plan to squeeze a couple more loads out of these then buy Lapua.
                  Wondering if Lapua will last longer or just be more accurate?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                    I use hornady but will be changing it up. Using 147 match bullets at around 2800fps using RE16 (still working up from there as well didnt show pressure signs yet). H4350 is nice but other powders can get you more speed and less pressure.

Care to be more specific before I go out and buy some H4350

I had the barrel cut down to 18" and run a Sandman Ti. I bought a box of the 143gn ELDX to start with

Comment

Research R26, it might be a good fit.

Comment

You can get more speed out of the hybrid v100 but I have not found a powder that gives me better consistency than H4350. I'm shooting 130s at 2924 with a SD of 6 fps. I also have a load for 140 Bergers at 2820 with a SD of 7 fps. All with Hornady brass.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg'13 View Post
                          You can get more speed out of the hybrid v100 but I have not found a powder that gives me better consistency than H4350. I'm shooting 130s at 2924 with a SD of 6 fps. I also have a load for 140 Bergers at 2820 with a SD of 7 fps. All with Hornady brass.

What barrel length?

Comment

24" barrel

Comment

I’m using Hornady brass, but on the 3rd loading some primers started to blow out. I run H4350 pushing a 124 grain Hammer Hunter at 2900fps and a 22” barrel.

I’m thinking about trying Starline brass since I’ve read some good things about their consistency. I also like the large primer because this is a hunting rifle and I feel the small primers might not ignite all the powder in a hunting scenario.

Comment

Working...
                              X