No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have a prediction when stock prices for XOM will drop a lot?

Comment

Originally posted by predatorsniper View Post
      I've lived here in Midland since '76 and seen the true busts along with the slow downs or "contractions". My father was a Trustee for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court....I saw more of my share of rags to riches, and back to rags stories over the years. That being said, I think it instilled a sense of how important it is to live within your means and save, but still be generous and give. My wife and I took Dave Ramsey's course when were were engaged back in 2001, and it was one of the best things we could of done. I have worked in the oil & gas business every day since 1995 and I've loved every minute of it. While I don't think this is a true "bust", it will pull back considerably, but it will also come back to healthy levels.

I don't think the oil and gas business is different than most others, and I don't think the people in oil and gas are any different than those that work in different industries. There are those that are wise and foolish in every profession.

All of that being said, I'm not too concerned about the slow down. But then again, I shoot an '06 Allegiance that I bought used and I drive a paid off '03 Ford that I also bought used.....so you can see that I'm not really concerned with "Keeping up with the Joneses".
      Wife and I just went to his seminar in Austin in November. Baby step 1, done! But now losing my job.. That puts a new spin on things...

Comment

Closed below $60.

So many things wrong with this. First is...How many times do you hear every news station calling for lower oil AND it keep dropping? Every time everyone agrees a stock will move up or down, the stock goes the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          Closed below $60.

So many things wrong with this. First is...How many times do you hear every news station calling for lower oil AND it keep dropping? Every time everyone agrees a stock will move up or down, the stock goes the other way.
          Oil is a commodity not a stock. Big difference.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by JSAPP View Post
            I can tell you that most small business owners around houston are not very excited about the lower gas prices at the pump. It's going to cost them a lot more than it saves them.

With out a doubt... Saving $30 on a tank of gas won't be a drop in the bucket compared to the lost revenue from people cutting back on projects and other purchases.

****it. I might have to start mowing my own grass!

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
              With out a doubt... Saving $30 on a tank of gas won't be a drop in the bucket compared to the lost revenue from people cutting back on projects and other purchases.

****it. I might have to start mowing my own grass!
              I wish I could pay someone to cut mine. Too much land.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooks View Post
                Oil is a commodity not a stock. Big difference.
                I know. But still manipulated. And being manipulated more and more by countries and politics.

Funny how people only care when it's manipulated up but not when it's being manipulated down.

You could never make me believe that supply went up that much and demand dropped this much in a few months.

Comment

So there you go. You still think you don't care if oil tanks more? It's affecting everyone with a 401k now. I bet you lose more than you save, unless you're a spend it as you get it person.

Comment

Light Crude 59.21 -1.23%
                    Natural Gas 3.71 +2.06%

Comment

HAL announced 1000 layoffs in the EHO

Comment

Come on NG!

Comment

I heard a rumor that KBR is hiring for Iraq. Emails went out a few days ago. Something tells me things are going to ramp up out there again.

Comment

Originally posted by Shallowater View Post
                            Teaching the Dave Ramsey class right now at my church. It should be mandatory for all college grads and oil field guys. Heck it should be mandatory for everyone to sit through it. It couldn't hurt.

Good Advice here!

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                              HAL announced 1000 layoffs in the EHO
                              1100 people got laid off in North Dakota by a company at the first of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
                                1100 people got laid off in North Dakota by a company at the first of the week.
                                Who and what kind of jobs?

Comment

Working...
                                X