Official opening day of dove season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official opening day of dove season thread

For those who get to start Sept 1st, here we go! Tell us what your plans are and post-up a report and pics on this thread tomorrow! I have been invited to hunt a friend's season dove lease between Abilene and Anson. Reports on bird numbers have been pretty good, not great. Sounds like weather could be a factor. We'll see, I'm just happy it's finally here!

Comment

Somehow I knew that was coming, Jason. If the forecast for our area holds we should get in a morning hunt - gets a bit iffy later in the day.

Comment

Hunting outside of Hondo tomorrow afternoon, all I know is it will be warm! Last year was good so hopefully it will be a repeat!

Comment

I'm headed to wichita falls in the morning, but rain is forecasted so well so how it goes

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Will be out over water at our place but hoping we get rained out

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                For those who get to start Sept 1st, here we go! Tell us what your plans are and post-up a report and pics on this thread tomorrow! I have been invited to hunt a friend's season dove lease between Abilene and Anson. Reports on bird numbers have been pretty good, not great. Sounds like weather could be a factor. We'll see, I'm just happy it's finally here!
                I live in Hawley and have been seeing really good numbers. Forecast gets more favorable by the hour so hopefully tomorrow will be a good hunt. Good luck

Comment

Will be up around Cibolo tomorrow morning. Playing hooky from work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not until this weekend for me

Good luck to everyone hunting the opener

Comment

I will be hunting Thursday afternoon through Sunday outside of Colorado City. Hope the weather cooperates.

Comment

Not till the weekend since I don’t have to report to work till next week

Comment

I'm ready for the season to start

Comment

Wichita Falls in morning and Woodson Saturday. Bird numbers look very good for both areas. Will see what happens with rain and cooler temps rolling in tonight. Will be fun hanging out with old friends I haven't seen in too long and laugh a lot and drink lots of beer!!

Comment

Just outside of Austin in Creedmore is where I will start off the season. Birds are not looking great but it will be nice to smell the power and be in the field. Good luck to all and be safe.

Comment

Working...
                              X