Echo chainsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echo chainsaw

You TBH'ers ever have any trouble out of your automatic oilers on your Echo chainsaws? I've got 3 Stihl's less than 5 years old that have been in the shop a couple of times ea.,because they can't get the oil to the bar! I've got a lil' Echo top handle that has been flawless for 4 years,and I'm thinking about goin' "all in",with Echo! any input will be welcomed.

I loved my Echo. Best saw I've ever owned but it was stolen out of my pickup at a basketball game before sundown.

Comment

My Echo leaks a little oil in the case but other than that it's been a good saw for 2 years (?).
      Echo Pro 18"

Comment

automatic oilers get gunked up really easily if not properly cleaned following use. Echo is a good tool. The oilers, though, are virtually the same from brand to brand. Stihl is a higher quality machine as far as the saw and motor go, but if you're having trouble with the Stihl oilers and want to change Echo is certainly a good choice.

I've had Stihl's for a while and use them in my landscaping business, and I've never had a problem with my saws. We clean the chains, bars and hoses after each and every use. I'm a stickler for very well maintained equipment.

If you're looking for another great saw try Husqvarna. Great saws, but not quite up to the Stihl power. Stihl, Husqvarna and Echo along with Shindiawa are tops in the market of 2 cycle engine machines. You won't go wrong switching to Echo, for sure.

Comment

I have an echo and like it also, no problems with it

Comment

echo

Originally posted by WCB View Post
            My Echo leaks a little oil in the case but other than that it's been a good saw for 2 years (?).
            Echo Pro 18"
            The top handle does also. I don't mind it a bit. Those stihl's don't leak,and don't oil the bar either.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
              The top handle does also. I don't mind it a bit. Those stihl's don't leak,and don't oil the bar either.
              At least I know it ain't gonna rust sittin in the case...

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                Mine do.

Comment

I just thought of this. I was told by an arborist here in town that cuts trees down for the city about automatic oilers. He said that chipping chains (those made for cutting tree down) usually work best with automatic oilers. Homeowner grade chains (those that kick out fairly fine chips and dust) aren't very good with them. If your Stihls are homeowner grade (what Stihl calls their Occasional Use line) then you have a fine cut chain (chipping teeth fairly close together). If you want you could switch to chipping chains if the saw can handle the extra torque needed. I don't know what Stihl you're using.

Comment

Echo chainsaw

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                    I loved my Echo. Best saw I've ever owned but it was stolen out of my pickup at a basketball game before sundown.
                    That happen today? Boy, I hate a filthy theif!
                    Last edited by Hart8; 03-23-2011, 08:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

echo chainsaws

Originally posted by bucksnducks View Post
                      I just thought of this. I was told by an arborist here in town that cuts trees down for the city about automatic oilers. He said that chipping chains (those made for cutting tree down) usually work best with automatic oilers. Homeowner grade chains (those that kick out fairly fine chips and dust) aren't very good with them. If your Stihls are homeowner grade (what Stihl calls their Occasional Use line) then you have a fine cut chain (chipping teeth fairly close together). If you want you could switch to chipping chains if the saw can handle the extra torque needed. I don't know what Stihl you're using.
                      MS 460,MS191 arborist top handle.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I'm also a landscaper and have had fewer problems with Stihl chainsaws than Echo chainsaws. Honestly, I had a lot more trouble with the Echo and making sure to clean the back area where the oiler is and really haven't had to worry about it much at all with the Stihl. I've burned through three Echos in the past 6 years or so but have a couple Stihls that I've yet to faze.

The saw blades do make a difference also as bucsnducks pointed out. The only thing about professional grade is in making sure to be careful with cutting on the tip to avoid kickback.

Comment

I've had mine for years Echo and no problem and I don't clean it like I should if that helps.

Comment

I have a Echo CS360T with a 16" bar, and it's cut a bunch of wood in the 3 years that I've owned it. Everything from brush clearing to tree trimming to firewood cutting, it hasn't disappointed me once.

I am very particular about taking care of my tools and equipment though, it gets a basic tear down after every weekend of cutting. I blow it out with the air or water hose to clean it, then dry it out, re-lube it all, and it gets stored back in it's case.

Prior to this, I had an old Stihl 011. It ran good for a bunch of years, but got really cantankerous as it aged, and I lost all patience for it after a while.

I don't buy off the shelf chains anymore. I go to the mower shop, and they sell Stihl chain in bulk. Cost is about the same, for a premium chain.

My saw: http://www.echo-usa.com/product.asp?...egory=CHAINSAW

The Lawnmower Place: http://www.thelawnmowerplace.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X