No announcement yet.

Duck hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a ton of ducks on a camping trip to Livingston in February. Haven't checked if you can hunt there but saw greenheads, gadwall, wigeon.

Comment

If I'm not wrong the entire Texas coastal marsh land is public, as long as you stay in the tidal marsh, get a boat and go hunting.

Comment

Duck hunting public land can be a tough and competitive ordeal. Those with experience tend to keep their mouths shut because additional hunting pressure can keep bird numbers from accumulating or low them out altogether. The closer allocation is to a metropolitan area the more competitive it becomes. Don't take it personally, it is just a part of it and you learn to enjoy it.

If you are new to the sport and just want to find an enjoyable hunt, take the time to drive to the middle coast from about POC south and hunt the open bays. The hunting is far less competitive because of the vast amount of habitat, the scouting is easier due to the large rafts of divers, and the hnting is about as easy as it comes.

Comment

Come down to the coast. The entire laguna is public, and many places can be walked in to or paddled in to by kayak. The second half is usually better than the first. Wide variety of birds as well. Mostly red heads, pintails, but there are lots of teal, Widgeon, gadwall, scaup, whistlers, and canvas backs in the back bays.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
            Try asking this question on a duck hunting site. I promise the responses will be much harsher.
            I wonder what they talk about on duck hunting sites?

OP: What kind of shells do ya'll use?
            Reply: Go to Academy and scout...

OP: What time do you wake up?
            Reply: Get a mentor....

OP: How far do you lead teal?
            Reply: Secrets Sorry:

Comment

Lol yea some are worse then others but seeing as how duck hunting is one of the last public hunting opportunity where you just show up and hunt, competition is going to be stiff.

Had some guys last year ask if I was seriously going to hunt that close too them. Said nope but the brush blind y'all were going to use has been here since I set it is going with me too the second spot!

Comment

Lol!

Comment

Working...
                X