No announcement yet.

Branson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn around and go home ,avoid the whole place .

Comment

Originally posted by KSHogman View Post
      Turn around and go home ,avoid the whole place .
      i won't plan another trip to branson. the surrounding areas aint bad. the lake is nice. golf aint bad. area attractions aint bad. wouldn't be bad to stay at the lake and go to visit branson, see a show, eat dinner, then leave. staying in branson sux. traffic sux. too many people.

Comment

2X the "Six" show, very talented group...

Comment

My parents took us when I was a kid. Worst week of vacation I ever remember. I wont take my kids because of that.

Comment

OK
            So far the Acrobats of China the best show. Would recommend this to all, they are unbelievable.
            About to head out for trout fishing, then SIX tonight.
            Tomorrow BPS then Dixie Stampede.
            We are staying out of town, would not want to stay in town.
            We have a cabin rented on the lake, the only way to go.

Comment

Branson

Shepherd of the hills and sliver dollar city were pretty cool but that was 20 years ago

And yes Branson is Vegas with Ned Flanders in control

Comment

I liked clay coopers show. i think he was entertaining. bass pro dinner had some kick but vinasen stuffed peppers.

Comment

We splurged and rented a Cabin away from town that had a nice view of the Lake and a big porch to sit on and enjoy a cigar and some Bourbon. Traffic in town does get crazy. I saw the plays with my parents back in the early 70's on vacation as well as the above have stated and wanted to go back with my wife to see them again along with the Passion Play in Eureka Springs, Ar. Wish Dogpatch was still there tho because what I remembered the most abiut the trip in the 70's was how well all them Daisy Mae's looked in thier outfits

Comment

Ok now SIX has taken the lead as the best show I have ever seen. A must see group of brothers. BPS Springfield here we come.

Comment

Trout fish..

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
                        I've gone every year for the last 13 years....

The Presley's Country Jubilee is a great show.
                        Dixie Stampede is a dinner show and the food is fantastic...especially the soup!!!
                        Silver Dollar City
                        The Branson Belle Dinner Cruise
                        Shepherd of the Hills
                        North of Branson, there is a zip line that I'd like to try sometime
                        Bass fishing is great on Table Rock and trout fishing is great on Taneycomo
                        Go to the original Bass Pro Shops in Springfield
                        On the way to Springfield, eat at Lambert's (Home of the Throw'd rolls)
                        Go-Kart tracks everywhere.
                        Buckets & Boards is very entertaining (I saw them as a street show at Branson Landing years ago)
                        There is a fish hatchery below the Table Rock dam that is pretty cool.
                        This is from another post...

Comment

I've been to Branson twice, once as a teenager with family, and again when my wife and I first got married. My recent trip we stayed in the city and traffic did not really bother us. It was not overwhelming, just city traffic. We went in June.

Places we went to that I would recommend:

Silver Dollar City (decent size amusement park)
                          Dixie Stampede (dinner & show: think Medieval Times but Western; great food)
                          Titanic Museum (pretty cool place, and I believe you can dine there as well, might be wrong)
                          Ripley's Believe It or Not (was ok...but I probably wouldn't do it again, same with the Wax Musuem)

I would HIGHLY suggest making the trip to Eureka Springs, AR while there. Three things for sure are a must do:

The Passion (huge outside production depicting the life and death of Jesus; I've been many many times in my life to this one at Eureka, worth the trip)
                          The Potter's House (nice intimate show outside where the same Jesus from the Passion gives us a teaching on how we are the clay, very neat indeed)
                          Christ of the Ozarks (insanely huge statue of Jesus on a mountain top; great view!)

Comment

The Sight and Sound Theater is really nice. We did some work on it during the construction and were invited to the grand opening. The play at that time was Noah's Ark, but I am not sure what show it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by dadogg View Post
                              We went last year.
                              Dixie Stampede, WWII Museum, Sheperd of the Hills were good.
                              Wax Museum is not. Outlet mall has a case knife store if your like knives
                              This, but don't fall for the place that advertises all you can eat lobester, not that good

Comment

Love going to Branson, usually stay at Big Cedar Resort to do some good fishing.

Comment

Working...
                                X