Work table or work bench?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work table or work bench?

Trying to decide if I want to do a fixed table, 2’ deep along the side of the garage, or a mobile table, 4x8 on casters. Pics are of the 2 “styles” I’m considering. Any thoughts or suggestions? Both designs will accommodate a table saw and miter saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I much prefer the table you posted, especially if your gonna mount a table saw in it. It will give you a lot more versatility when it comes to cutting up wood with the table saw or the miter saw.

Comment

X2 on the table (with locking casters I'm assuming). Much more versatile as dhillis said.

Comment

Ok I’ll be honest. I prefer the table as well, but with no good plans found, the bench looks simpler to “make it up as I go” lol

Comment

my reaction to the table on casters .... "wish i would have thought of that"

Comment

I do not understand how the second one will accommodate a table saw, it is just a wall mounted work bench. You could set a miter saw on it, but it would not work for a table saw. I much prefer a table saw with a wider table as a single unit, not integrated in a bench like that.

Many projects require both a table and miter saw, with a bench/table like that you would be continuously juggling

Comment

Alright, going back to Lowe’s now for plywood and 7-11 for construction lube. See if I can’t make a table from pictures lol.

Side note...the worst thing about building a work table is not having a work table to use during the process.

Comment

Definitely the rolling bench. I'm needing to build one of those in the near future.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boomerball View Post
                  my reaction to the table on casters .... "wish i would have thought of that"
                  ^this exactly. Going to try to draw up some plans based on this picture. Going to add some electric outlets to mine.
                  Last edited by gmac; 04-14-2018, 05:37 PM.

Comment

I’m installing a power strip on mine for now. Will add outlet boxes once I get the electrical in the garage hot I need it

Comment

I like the table. Found this as a pretty decent starting point......

https://imgur.com/a/ou0rs

Comment

Check with Canoe1, he made a sweet table that is mobile

Comment

I'll make it easy for ya...Both! That 2-footer would be worthless for a table saw. You jump off in to a project and wanna rip some ply and then cut some smaller stuff, your miter is on the floor. Do both with a recessed spot for that miter on the wall bench. You'll love all the storage under both as well.
                          *and I'll be jealous!

Comment

I did a screen shot of a similar table that someone on here posted. It may be the same one as mentioned above. It’s a nice looking table if you need to incorporate a saw. I tried to load it but it failed, if you want I will text it to you or whoever for posting.

Comment

Yesterdays progress

Today I’ll be cutting in the table saw, reinforcing and attaching the top, mounting electrical and tweaking anything I find that I don’t like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X