LBJ Grasslands 2014-2015 Hunting Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Champlaya7 View Post
    I usually give a spot about 2 weeks to produce at least one buck (or a lot of doe for it will be a great spot during the rut) but if it seems slow move on. Still got a month and a half to find a good funnel, food source, creek crossing, all sorts of places you can find that might produce more deer than a little pond
    I've just got to find the right path these guys are taking. I see where the creek crossing they are going through, and the path they are taking to the pond. I think I'm going to backtrack through the creek crossing to see where it leads. I have seen a bunch of tracks on this unit, just trying to track them down! This is a lot of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by sethcros View Post
      I've just got to find the right path these guys are taking. I see where the creek crossing they are going through, and the path they are taking to the pond. I think I'm going to backtrack through the creek crossing to see where it leads. I have seen a bunch of tracks on this unit, just trying to track them down! This is a lot of fun!
      Sounds like you're on the right track. Which is the important part, I feel bad for the guys trying to scramble and do all their scouting now that it's 100 degrees out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Champlaya7 View Post
        No rifle hunting on LBJ, muzzleload and shotgun and bow only, though some units are shotgun and muzzleload only

You can bowhunt in any unit except Unit 47 around Black Creek Lake where no hunting is allowed. The way it is signed leads to some confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
          You can bowhunt in any unit except Unit 47 around Black Creek Lake where no hunting is allowed. The way it is signed leads to some confusion.
          Thank you Froggy, may go back and scout that unit after all then!

Comment

I thought that was the case. I was 99.99 percent certain there was no rifle hunting on LBJ.

Comment

Has anyone had success with a ground blind out there? I know when I used to hunt private land the deer sure didn't like that big pop up, unless it had been out for a few weeks for them to get used to.

Comment

I've had one up and deer didn't mind. Remember, location selection and how well u brush it in is critical.

Comment

Hoping to get out to LBJ more this year then I did last. Hope everyone has a good season!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                    Hoping to get out to LBJ more this year then I did last. Hope everyone has a good season!
                    You to man be safe out there hope to meet some of u out there this year...

Comment

Can I tag along? I know nothing about the place. And am in need of someone younger with a strong back .

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        Can I tag along? I know nothing about the place. And am in need of someone younger with a strong back .
                        Yes sir! It would be an honor to take you along sir!!

Comment

Yes sir! It would be an honor to take you along sir!!

Dude, mikes just yanking ur chain. He's got more time in a deer stand out there than I got on this earth. They should name a u it after him.

Comment

Was out there a couple days ago. Not sure why, but the skeeters was thick as all get out. It was pretty dang bad.

Comment

It probably has something to do with the 9-10 inches of rain the north end of the county got a few weeks ago.

At least most of the ponds got filled up.

Comment

Was on my way out there today and saw all the lightning in the distance so turned back around. Will be out bright and early in the morning to put cams back out and start looking for a stand/blind location in my area

Comment

Working...
                                X