Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 15 Photo Submissions Thread- Post Em Up Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're burning up the weekend here, Shane, we need a topic!

Michael
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Great thread. Awesome pics from all participants, congratulations Shane!
      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post

cfortner - another cool bridge shot - who told you guys I like bridges? I want to know more about the lens....it has a neat effect on the shot.
        It's one of the cheap wide angle lenses that I had screwed into my Nikkor 18-55 ED. When all the way in at 18mm the focus doesn't clear the lense

Comment

Wow! Thanks Rod and everyone else for all the nice comments! There were a BUNCH of really great photos here. I think Rod fipped a coin or something. Love the London pic, the rollercoaster sunset, the doorway, the ceiling, and all the others. This was a topic I probably wouldn't have thought of, but it turned out very cool.

Sorry for the delay in getting here today. I left at 6am to go to a sporting clays event fundraiser, and we're just getting home - TIRED.

Originally posted by Death Whisper View Post
          Casey said you'd pick the phallic symbol...
          I didn't think about that!

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          You obviously put time and thought into this to be at the right place at the right time. Michael
          Michael, actually it was a spur of the moment session that turned out to be the right moment. Baseball and work kept me too busy to get out and try to find interesting buildings. Monday evening a little before dusk I had free time, and I happened to think about Fort Phantom Hill. There were some clouds in front of the sun, but I needed some architecture anyway. As I was driving out, the sun moved lower and the clouds moved out of the way. I made a few shots of various things out there, and all of a sudden the sky just lit up. I set up on the chimney and got the shot, and a few seconds later the light changed.

Not much advanced planning, but just lucky timing.

Plus, like Casey said, participation is the key. Had it not been for this contest, I would have sat at home to relax in my rare free time. I knew that every other day and night the rest of the week was booked, so it was my only chance to get a pic for the contest.

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
          Now, tell us your set up and settings on this so I can practice the shot.
          Canon D-Rebel XTi, Tamron 12-24mm ultra-wide angle lens @ 12mm, f/4, 1/125 shutter, ISO 100, tripod. Shot in RAW and converted in CS3. Then I ran a slight shadow/highlight adjustment (which is a great tool for this kind of shot, I'm finding), then a little curve. Then I did a very slight dodge over the chimney and sharpened. Oh, and I cropped to 8x10 so it would view better on a monitor without being too tall and skinny.

OK...shut up, Shane, and name a topic for the next contest! I'll post a new thread for that right now....

Thanks again for the nice comments and for the pics you all posted. I am really enjoying seeing what everyone comes up with.

Comment

Oh yeah....here's a few others from that evening. I only got a few keepers, but Fort Phantom Hill is a cool place to visit.

Try the slideshow view after you get to the gallery page for full-screen views, if you like.

http://ShaneJennings.smugmug.com/gal...94440661_jr3Ko

Comment

Wow! Sure glad I don't have to be the judge. Those are some fine photos for sure. Congrats to all the participants!

Comment

Congrats Shane yours was one of my Favorites.

Comment

Congrats Shane!

Comment

Congrats Shane! That is a heckuva shot!

Comment

congrats Shane.......chimneys standing alone are really awesome and you did a great job capturing it......

Comment

Really great photos! Congrats to the winner!

Comment

Thanks, fellas.

Comment

Wonderful photo Shane, I likey!

Well done Rod, excellent review!

Comment

just now easing back into TBH after big weekend down South...

Nice job Shane!

Comment

Working...
                              X