~ Back from BOAZMANS = A++ ! (pics) hog hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~ Back from BOAZMANS = A++ ! (pics) hog hunting

Another great time out at the Boazmans Lease.
    Met up with guide Kaleb about 2ish on friday afternoon in preperation for the evening hunt.
    Doug is in the process of a new bunk house :

To kill some time we took the mule atv up to the 1acre pen to see if we could stir up some pigs that might be in there. LOADS OF FUN ! Small sounder of 7 that gave us a run for the money racing through the senderos cut out in the thick brush. Was able to connect on this meat hog. Had to bring out the dogs to track him down in the thickets. The 3 blade RAGE smashed though the tip of the shoulder blade and half way out the outher side.

At the last moment I slammed on a larger black boar on a perfect quartering away shot at a slight trot.... 3 blade rage flew through him like butter,.. but this time the dogs could not even get to him in the thickets

Jumped up on a stand that evening and connected with a black hog that ran across the perimeter of the back pond.

I had brought some soured corn-- and I suppose the allure of rank ***** corn was enough to bring him in on the wind.

Next morning did'nt bring any hogs out... but saw the donkey and zebra out :

Down the ways a heard of black buck does :

The next evening drew down a vicious cottontail :

Back up in a stand had these--- I think they were young Audad come in from the right side .

Plenty of whitetail does out coming in from the left :

~~ The hogs like usual come out in the last 10min of shootable light. Had a sounder of 12hogs come in from the left--- but with no light on my sight pins..and inky black falling down.... just had no shot on any of them.

soooooooooooooooooo.... the 2 day hunt was very fun and productive. guide kaleb was great and a joy to assist in anything he could make the stay and hunt more comfortable.

great place!!caleb, i will be at brushy hill all week with nick and rusty. i will call you to do some night stalks!!!!!

Comment

Sounds like a great time, congrats on the meat hog.

Comment

Sounds like you had a blast congrats on the porker

Comment

Congrats on the blast, great pics by the way!

Comment

sounds like a great time!!

Comment

congrats!
              did you see any nice axis bucks or bb?

Comment

Saw 4 black bucks with horns out there. Saw no axis - buck or doe.

Comment

did the bb come into range?

Comment

Ohh yeah... had one BB come in about 25 yard....got the whiff of the sour corn and hung back.

Comment

hah, well im hoping on going in the next month or late this month for some exotics glad to hear you actually saw some

Comment

Cool pic I photo-chopped.

Comment

Working...
                        X