Poly Water Line Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poly Water Line Help

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to connect 1 inch black poly pipe to a Tee? I have always used gray plastic fittings and hose clamps, and this works on 3/4 inch pipe. But for some reason on this 1 inch pipe, it comes loose at a fitting when it sits under pressure for awhile. I use two hose clamps per fitting, and it still comes loose and water flows everywhere. Is there another way to make connections at a fitting? Maybe a crimping tool or something similar? Any advice or suggestions is appreciated.

Use a different fitting?

Comment

How much pressure on the line?

Comment

Most of the issues I have seen with black poly pipe seem to happen during temperature changes. That pipe needs to be able to flex or move to keep it from pulling the fittings apart.

Comment

We heat the pipe with a propane torch so the clamp bites well. Steel fittings allow you to heat them too to get an even tighter fit. I can tell you that it doesn't take much to break the plastic fittings.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
            We heat the pipe with a propane torch so the clamp bites well. Steel fittings allow you to heat them too to get an even tighter fit. I can tell you that it doesn't take much to break the plastic fittings.
            This is how I fixed mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Select your region to explore SharkBite's full range of meter to fixture plumbing fittings, valves, pipe and more.

These should fix you up.

Comment

I think there is a certain kinda compression clamp.
                I had the same kinda thing on my water well..
                But a friend of mine is a plumber. He came over with a clamping tool
                and crimped the connections... Perhaps??

Comment

Flow Control Fittings

Comment

Working...
                  X