Tawokoni wildlife management area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tawokoni wildlife management area

I'm out of a deerlease or any place to hunt this year I'm going to tawakoni to scout sunday anyone have any suggestions for that area?
    Thanks Anthony

I have a friend that owns property that adjoins the WMA. There are some good deer there but they are hard to hunt, and even harder keeping your truck from getting broken into while your out hunting. Don't leave anything of value in it or it will be gone.

It's like a lot of public places, if you know what you're doing, you'll be successful but it will take a lot of homework. From what I've seen there, the north/east side will be your best bet. Go during the week if possible and you'll almost have the place to yourself. Sorry, I'm not much help.

Comment

Thats what I have heard also less break ins during the week as well . Heard its not the best area unless your looking for meth lol

Comment

If you stay away from the duck cove unit you shouldn't have problems with leaving your vehicle.

Comment

What about other close by management areas gonna go by the texas parks and wildlife in garland and see what I can come up with.

Comment

I hunt the smaller unit by Quinlan and have never had a problem leaving my truck. Let me know if you wanna go scout sometime, I was just out Sunday also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How did the scouting go? I have to look into this I am new to the area and looking for some places to hunt if you don't mind maybe we can put in some of the work together.

Comment

I wasn't able to go this weekend hope to go this coming weekened

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
                  I wasn't able to go this weekend hope to go this coming weekened
                  I won't be able to this weekend, but would like to go in the upcoming weekends after. I have a family vacation planed before the season starts !!

Comment

Btw, Any suggestions on where to park and not have your truck broken into? Not that the old truck has anything of value in it but heard that is a problem there.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rydethis View Post
                      Btw, Any suggestions on where to park and not have your truck broken into? Not that the old truck has anything of value in it but heard that is a problem there.

Just stay away from the duck cove unit and you should be fine. You couldn't pay me to park there that close to that neighborhood.

Comment

How did the scouting go? I have to look into this I am new to the area and looking for some places to hunt if you don't mind maybe we can put in some of the work together.

I'd be down for something like that!! There's a couple more spots id like to go check out!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                          Just stay away from the duck cove unit and you should be fine. You couldn't pay me to park there that close to that neighborhood.
                          Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by newbieG View Post
                            I'd be down for something like that!! There's a couple more spots id like to go check out!

Sounds good, I'll shoot you a pm.

Comment

Sounds good, I'll shoot you a pm.

Sounds good

Comment

Working...
                              X