• Show
Clear All

Time to build one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mlmtx01 View Post
      Now I wish I had a bow press.

Spend that money on some private lessons with a qualified instructor. You'll be amazed. I'm not insulting you. It's something 100 percent of the bowhunters here could use as well. Myself included.

Comment

Definitely looks like your peep is to high. Had a pro shop help me with mine. He had me close my eyes and draw bow and anchor. Keeping my head straight. Then I was told to open eyes, at the point where my eyes where in relation to anchor point and string, that gave a starting point to where the peep should be. Hope the made sense.

Comment

I see you are in Salado. I am frequently at Double G. I can help you and the owners certainly can too.

Comment

So what problems does it create with your peep being too high?

Mine is pretty high but I'll have to measure it when I get home in the morning.

When I close my eyes and come to full draw, I'm lined up perfectly with my peep to sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fling em View Post

When I close my eyes and come to full draw, I'm lined up perfectly with my peep to sight.
              You'd shoot high and run outta sight clearance/movement for one. For two, it most likely means anchor point/form isn't correct which leads to other problems. Draw length could be wrong etc...

Note pics above. String run at corner of mouth? Nose on string? Etc...
              Last edited by Fishndude; 07-16-2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Peep high, usually is anchor low. This puts muscles and joints in a "not as forgiving " or repeatable position. As far as how the bow will shoot out of an error free machine.... it affects nothing

Comment

Thanks!
                  I'll check mine in the morning and measure it. It might not be as high as I'm thinking.

Comment

Thanks!
                    I'll check mine in the morning and measure it. It might not be as high as I'm thinking.
                    6" for a taller person isn't unusual

Comment

Listen to Fishndude, he knows what he is talking about and with an 8" distance between your nock and peep sight, I would bet that you have a floating anchor and possible to long a draw length. You have to be anchoring somewhere around your neck and not on the side of your face in a solid anchor. Just guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        6" for a taller person isn't unusual
                        I'm 6' 1". I'll see in the morning.

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                        Listen to Fishndude, he knows what he is talking about and with an 8" distance between your nock and peep sight, I would bet that you have a floating anchor and possible to long a draw length. You have to be anchoring somewhere around your neck and not on the side of your face in a solid anchor. Just guessing.
                        I anchor with my first knuckle on my ear lobe and I put my thumb on the back of my neck. (No pressure on the back of my neck from my thumb)

Not meaning to hijack the OP's thread. Just being curious.

Comment

Well, my peep wasn't as high as I thought it was. It's exactly 6".

Comment

I use double g. I will go there to move my peep.

Comment

usually means there is an anchor point issue

Comment

Originally posted by mlmtx01 View Post
                                I use double g. I will go there to move my peep.

Nothing wrong with going to Double G to get it done, but if you want some one on one coaching you can come out to the house and we can get you set up.

One on one coaching for form is invaluable and I have everything needed to do what needs to be done to the bow. I don't sell anything, I only coach and tune; if anything needs to be bought you can buy from a local shop before you come over.

5125257299 I am in Bertram.

Bring a 12 pack of Shiner, that's my fee.

Comment

Working...
                                X