question about setup for wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about setup for wife

What kinds of setups are you ladies or your guys wives shooting? I am looking at getting my wife a bow that she could hunt with and was wondering what kinda setups y'all are using?
    What is your arrow weight and types of broad heads for the lower poundage?

Thank y'all for your help.

ttt

Comment

My wife has been shooting her Craze at 35-40 lbs. She just started shooting so we kept the poundage kind of low, I think we are going to crank it up to 45 after a few 3d shoots this spring to get her a little more poundage for this fall. I will have to check on the weight for the GTs, but she is shooting 100gr field tips, she hasn't gotten to shoot the BHs yet but I'm thinking we will stick with that weight for the BH as well.

Comment

My fiancé has an Apline Micro set at 43#, 23'' DL, GT Hunter Expidetion Cut at like 24.25" and a RamCat 100 Grain BH and got a quartering away pass thru on her first doe this Thanksgiving

Comment

Just got her a 2013 bowtech heartbreaker @24.5"....40-50lb limbs cranked down to 38# for now. Beman ics 500 arrows with 85 grain field points but gonna go to 100. We just got it set up this weekend so she hasnt shot it a whole lot but is loving it so far and shooting lights out with it. I was super impressed with the speed from such a short draw low poundage bow.

Comment

i was looking at the diamond infinite edge bow for her first. It had crazy adjustability and draw weight from 5-70 lbs. The reviews i have read say it shoots well also. I am going to take her to try shooting it first of course, but for a beginner I am thinking it will be great.

Comment

Mrs is shooting a Diamond Razor Edge. I bought it second hand from the classifieds here. She shot it with the factory accessories for a while, and I have upgraded her bow to better stuff (Spot Hogg Hunter sight, Limbdriver Pro-V rest, Korbin strings, Doinker stabilizer). She enjoys shooting it, and it is a solid bow.

My daughter shoots a Hoyt Ruckus. It is a nice bow for young or small framed shooters. It is really well made. It is pretty tricked out accessory wise: Spot Hogg Hogg-It sight, QAD HDX rest, Vendetta stabilizer, Korbin strings.

Mrs also shoots a recurve, my old Bear Bearkat.

I think highly of the "grows with you" bows for young and new shooters. There are several good ones on the market, and all seem pretty well made. The one thing I think they could all use, is a quality set of strings, it sure has made a big difference in the ones I've fiddled with.

For a lady who is going to shoot a bunch, and is committed to archery, look hard at one of the many lady specific bows on the market.

Comment

Well last night we went up to Cabelas and she shot the Diamond Infinite Edge. She ended up shooting up there for close to 30 min and was grouping the size of a softball at 12 yards. We ended up taking the bow home so now we have 2 bow shooters in the house.

Comment

I hope she enjoys it....my wife started with a diamond edge and it was a good bow.

Comment

Working...
                  X