Fletching jig help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fletching jig help

I've torn up enough arrows that is like to try and refletch them myself. I'm shooting Easton Axis and Bloodlines arrows and also need to know if there offset or helical so I'll know what kind of fletching jig to buy. Any advice on a good inexpensive jig should help also.

Blazers or the likes - Arizona EZ fletch mini
    Feathers or long vanes- bitzenberger

Comment

Arizona Mini is a good jig, not too pricey, and there are different fletching arms for longer vanes. It runs about a 6 degree helical. Just dip the arms in acetone to clean

Comment

So is the Arizona mini the same helical as the factory eastons I'm using? Also, will it fit both the axis and bloodline shafts?

Comment

It's a 3 degree helical for the blazers that's the max you can put on a 2 inch vane. And yes it will fit any arrow

Comment

Most factory arrows come straight fletched, not helical. The Arizona EZ fletch is awesome. I have a few sets of arms and do feathers with mine also.

Comment

Do the blazers shoot better straight fletch or with a right helical?

Comment

Helical

Comment

Get the Arizona ez fletch. You won't notice much or any change of impact with the helical but you should get better flight and better groups. Specifically, you should get better performance with fixed blade broadheads. Just think of a bullet or football, you want those things spinning to get good flight.

Comment

I use the bohning tower with the 3deg arms for blazer 2in and it works great. I have used the Bitzenburger a lot too and it works great but takes a lot longer than the tower.

Comment

Working...
                    X