Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > D-I-Y Projects
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2014, 10:39 AM   #151
Abcdj
Pope & Young
 
Abcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Corsicana Tx & Lawton Ok,
Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.
Default I'll post more pics with the whole cover on.

I use mine out in the big wheat fields as a rolling blind. We call it the Bait and wait wagon.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Abcdj; 11-21-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2014, 11:13 AM   #152
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
Ha, I'm no Jedi. Thanks for the compliments though. I just bought one to fix up a few years ago and it gave me something to do outside that I enjoyed. Since then I've lost count on how many I've done and I still enjoy it and still learn with every one. I just picked up another last week from a TBHer and started a build. Here's a before picture with all the golf related stuff stripped off. Hope to have it done in a couple of weeks.


Bowslayer I have a question for you. I have a 98 Club Car DS. Upgraded controller, upgraded D&D (I think) torque motor, HD F&R switch and solenoid, 2 gauge cables, lift & 22" tires.

Anyway, last season it had a 3 year old set of Trojan 875 batteries in it. During the summer I could get around 20 miles +/- hauling around 2 people, feed, etc. as it started getting colder it would still get 12-15 miles. Toward the end of season I started losing speed and battery life. I assumed the batteries were going out. So in September of this year I replaced all the batteries with a brand new set of Trojan Ranger 160 batteries which are supposed to give me up to 40% more run time between charges. I'm told that they replaced the previous model 890 batteries. Immediately i noticed that I was not getting as much run time as my old 875s. It got so bad that last weekend in the cold I only got 4 miles and list 50% of my charge.

Is there anything I need to look for that may be causing excessive current draw? Could it be a bad battery or two? I paid a LOT of money for these batteries and so far I'm NOT happy at all.

Suggestions?
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2014, 11:56 AM   #153
Bucksaw
Ten Point
 
Bucksaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Reklaw
Hunt In: Jacksonville, Jasper, or Wherever Im invited
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Bowslayer I have a question for you. I have a 98 Club Car DS. Upgraded controller, upgraded D&D (I think) torque motor, HD F&R switch and solenoid, 2 gauge cables, lift & 22" tires.

Anyway, last season it had a 3 year old set of Trojan 875 batteries in it. During the summer I could get around 20 miles +/- hauling around 2 people, feed, etc. as it started getting colder it would still get 12-15 miles. Toward the end of season I started losing speed and battery life. I assumed the batteries were going out. So in September of this year I replaced all the batteries with a brand new set of Trojan Ranger 160 batteries which are supposed to give me up to 40% more run time between charges. I'm told that they replaced the previous model 890 batteries. Immediately i noticed that I was not getting as much run time as my old 875s. It got so bad that last weekend in the cold I only got 4 miles and list 50% of my charge.

Is there anything I need to look for that may be causing excessive current draw? Could it be a bad battery or two? I paid a LOT of money for these batteries and so far I'm NOT happy at all.

Suggestions?
Batteries require a break-in process to get full potential out of them. It could be that you just haven't gotten them broken in fully yet, where your other ones had been broken in for a while.

Make sure you go over to cartsunlimited.net and check out Scotty's breakin process. That's the one that I used and the batteries are still holding strong going on 3 years.
Bucksaw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #154
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Bowslayer I have a question for you. I have a 98 Club Car DS. Upgraded controller, upgraded D&D (I think) torque motor, HD F&R switch and solenoid, 2 gauge cables, lift & 22" tires.

Anyway, last season it had a 3 year old set of Trojan 875 batteries in it. During the summer I could get around 20 miles +/- hauling around 2 people, feed, etc. as it started getting colder it would still get 12-15 miles. Toward the end of season I started losing speed and battery life. I assumed the batteries were going out. So in September of this year I replaced all the batteries with a brand new set of Trojan Ranger 160 batteries which are supposed to give me up to 40% more run time between charges. I'm told that they replaced the previous model 890 batteries. Immediately i noticed that I was not getting as much run time as my old 875s. It got so bad that last weekend in the cold I only got 4 miles and list 50% of my charge.

Is there anything I need to look for that may be causing excessive current draw? Could it be a bad battery or two? I paid a LOT of money for these batteries and so far I'm NOT happy at all.

Suggestions?
Like Bucksaw said they need to be broken in properly first. Charge them often and try not to let them deep discharge before charging. Did I mention to charge them often? If you ride it for 5 minutes or 2 hours charge it. You can't charge too much. Other than that I would put a volt meter on the pack and watch it when you are driving to see if it drops voltage under load. You very well could have a bad battery.
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2014, 01:05 PM   #155
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

One more thought Mike. Make sure your cart rolls freely. You may have a brake dragging or bearing issue.
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2014, 01:16 PM   #156
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Ok, 2 more thoughts. Your charger may not be working correctly. Check the voltage of the pack right after charging and again 12 hours after charging. You can pm me if you need help with anything.
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2014, 01:25 PM   #157
Abcdj
Pope & Young
 
Abcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Corsicana Tx & Lawton Ok,
Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
Ok, 2 more thoughts. Your charger may not be working correctly. Check the voltage of the pack right after charging and again 12 hours after charging. You can pm me if you need help with anything.
After the season i want to change my 36 to 48. Put me a list of things Ill need to do this with out changing the motor please.

Also mine rides rough and the shocks on front seam to bottom out . How can I fix this problem?

I just put new batteries in mine and it seams sluggish too. I will charge it often like you said.

You are the Covert/Golf cart Guru !
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #158
louieagarcia
Pope & Young
 
louieagarcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kingwood, Tx
Hunt In: Planet Earth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdj View Post
Also mine rides rough and the shocks on front seam to bottom out . How can I fix this problem?
Dave, one way to fix would be to go with coil over spring shocks. I bought a pair on ebay for the front and they are solid. A little stiff but I think they should last a while. Good luck on the conversion buddy!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZGO-TXT-Med...-/261236112569
Attached Images
 
louieagarcia is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #159
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdj View Post
After the season i want to change my 36 to 48. Put me a list of things Ill need to do this with out changing the motor please.

Also mine rides rough and the shocks on front seam to bottom out . How can I fix this problem?

I just put new batteries in mine and it seams sluggish too. I will charge it often like you said.

You are the Covert/Golf cart Guru !
First, what kind of cart and which drive system do you have?
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #160
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default Show off your golf cart mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
One more thought Mike. Make sure your cart rolls freely. You may have a brake dragging or bearing issue.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
Ok, 2 more thoughts. Your charger may not be working correctly. Check the voltage of the pack right after charging and again 12 hours after charging. You can pm me if you need help with anything.

I've checked for mechanical binding and all is good there.

Funny you mention about the charging. I am having to replace the charging receptacle on it because the sensing wire came loose from it. Not sure if it's progressively been going bad but I'm hoping that is the solution. I had noticed that even with 70% battery power that even charging overnight the charger was not cutting off like it wasn't fully charging.

I have been keeping a 2A maintenance charger/desulfator on it for the last 2 weeks or so. I'll see if that has helped this weekend.

I've checked all the connection on the battery and they are all tight. Probably need to check the connections on the controller and motor as well.

Last edited by Mike D; 11-21-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2014, 05:21 PM   #161
Abcdj
Pope & Young
 
Abcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Corsicana Tx & Lawton Ok,
Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.
Default

Thanks Louie,
I have a e- z go txt 96 model.

Here are some pics.
I found a camo Cordura tarp one time at northern freight. I had enough to make the seat covers, doors and front to back cover.

I used 3/4 inch tubing for the door frames. I cut the tarp myself and had a place sew the seams and zipper in the windows.

I put button snaps along the front and back bumpers to secure it down.

It's 12 years old now and seen it's better days but still works great as a portable blind
Attached Images
   
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2014, 06:19 PM   #162
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdj View Post
Thanks Louie,
I have a e- z go txt 96 model.

Here are some pics.
I found a camo Cordura tarp one time at northern freight. I had enough to make the seat covers, doors and front to back cover.

I used 3/4 inch tubing for the door frames. I cut the tarp myself and had a place sew the seams and zipper in the windows.

I put button snaps along the front and back bumpers to secure it down.

It's 12 years old now and seen it's better days but still works great as a portable blind
Nice cart but if I'm looking at the pictures correctly that's not a 1996 model. It looks to me like the steering rack is mounted on the front axle and they started doing that in 2001. Also still need to know which drive system you have. If you don't know how to tell if you can post a picture of the battery compartment I can tell you.
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2014, 06:32 PM   #163
Abcdj
Pope & Young
 
Abcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Corsicana Tx & Lawton Ok,
Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
Nice cart but if I'm looking at the pictures correctly that's not a 1996 model. It looks to me like the steering rack is mounted on the front axle and they started doing that in 2001. Also still need to know which drive system you have. If you don't know how to tell if you can post a picture of the battery compartment I can tell you.
It might be 01, I'm a mechanical idiot. I will post a pic,
thanks BS , oh wait, Bow Slayer
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #164
Abcdj
Pope & Young
 
Abcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Corsicana Tx & Lawton Ok,
Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.
Default here ya go

Name that year
Attached Images
 
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #165
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdj View Post
Name that year
2001 or newer and it has the standard series drive system. To go to 48 volts you need ...

2 more 6 volt batteries
48 volt controller
48 volt solenoid
48 volt charger

Might as well go with a heavy duty solenoid and HD f/r switch.
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2014, 07:01 PM   #166
Abcdj
Pope & Young
 
Abcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Corsicana Tx & Lawton Ok,
Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
2001 or newer and it has the standard series drive system. To go to 48 volts you need ...

2 more 6 volt batteries
48 volt controller
48 volt solenoid
48 volt charger

Might as well go with a heavy duty solenoid and HD f/r switch.
Slayer, l need a name brother.
What's a ball park figure on cost of these items
Thanks for your help.
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #167
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdj View Post
Slayer, l need a name brother.
What's a ball park figure on cost of these items
Thanks for your help.
I'm out to dinner and a movie with the wife but I'll get you a list and prices tonight or tomorrow.

Hal
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2014, 07:07 PM   #168
Abcdj
Pope & Young
 
Abcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Corsicana Tx & Lawton Ok,
Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.
Default

Enjoy yourself, no rush at all.
Thanks Hal
David
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2014, 07:26 PM   #169
Stickslinga84
Ten Point
 
Stickslinga84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cibolo, tx
Hunt In: Edwards county
Default

OK guys, Yalll have incited a riot at my place now! If you were to buy a project cart, what would you look for and ballpark price range. I want it for the lease, wife wants it for Port A in the summers. 1,2,3......GO!
Stickslinga84 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-22-2014, 11:19 AM   #170
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdj View Post
Slayer, l need a name brother.
What's a ball park figure on cost of these items
Thanks for your help.
Alltrax AXE 4844 Controller (400 amp)- $368
MZJ-200 Solenoid (200 amp)- $42
HD Forward/Reverse Switch- $188 (You can also replace the cam only)
DPI 48 volt Charger- $268
Complete 4 awg cable set- $100

And of course the price of the 2 extra batteries will vary depending on what you buy.

All these parts/prices came from the site I use the most... http://www.evdrives.com/Default.asp

Keep in mind that you can sell the parts you take off to get some of your money back. A good used ezgo 36 volt charger will sell for around $200 all day. You can also sell your stock controller easily.
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-22-2014, 11:23 AM   #171
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickslinga84 View Post
OK guys, Yalll have incited a riot at my place now! If you were to buy a project cart, what would you look for and ballpark price range. I want it for the lease, wife wants it for Port A in the summers. 1,2,3......GO!
If you want it for a project just stick to the top 3 brands (ezgo, club car, yamaha) and look the frame over good for rust/corrosion. As long as you get a solid cart you can build the rest to what you want. As far as price goes, that's a crapshoot. I have bought nice carts that need batteries for as little as $400 but they are hard to find that cheap these days. A good cart that needs batteries would be at a fair price around the $1000-$1200 range. It also depends on where you are located. Prices vary quite a bit from one area to the next.
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2014, 02:36 PM   #172
Cabela
Pope & Young
 
Cabela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: Lampasas
Default

I took mine to the lease this weekend in Lampasas. We got dumped on pretty good Saturday. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with what it went through for a 2wd. Didn't think it could, but wow. I'm sure you can stick it if you want to. Thought I had it stuck where I parked it for the afternoon hunt. Didn't make it out easy, but it got out.
Cabela is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2014, 02:43 PM   #173
Stickslinga84
Ten Point
 
Stickslinga84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cibolo, tx
Hunt In: Edwards county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
If you want it for a project just stick to the top 3 brands (ezgo, club car, yamaha) and look the frame over good for rust/corrosion. As long as you get a solid cart you can build the rest to what you want. As far as price goes, that's a crapshoot. I have bought nice carts that need batteries for as little as $400 but they are hard to find that cheap these days. A good cart that needs batteries would be at a fair price around the $1000-$1200 range. It also depends on where you are located. Prices vary quite a bit from one area to the next.
Any specific year models to look/lookout for
Stickslinga84 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #174
horns07
Ten Point
 
horns07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: hobbs, new mexico
Hunt In: SE New Mexico, Robert Lee
Default

Are yall mainly finding yalls carts around town or buying of eBay.
horns07 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-19-2015, 05:50 PM   #175
bohemianthunder
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Hunt In: Northeast Texas
Default

Here she is before and after a new basket, tinted windscreen and a half of can of paint on the marine speakers. Amazing the difference. LEDs and Rod holders are next.
Attached Images
   
bohemianthunder is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2015, 05:06 AM   #176
kashmoney
Ten Point
 
kashmoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: BROCK
Hunt In: Ole faithful
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemianthunder View Post
Here she is before and after a new basket, tinted windscreen and a half of can of paint on the marine speakers. Amazing the difference. LEDs and Rod holders are next.
Nice cart!
kashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2015, 05:16 PM   #177
Backwoods101
Pope & Young
 
Backwoods101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Needville
Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
Ha, I'm no Jedi. Thanks for the compliments though. I just bought one to fix up a few years ago and it gave me something to do outside that I enjoyed. Since then I've lost count on how many I've done and I still enjoy it and still learn with every one. I just picked up another last week from a TBHer and started a build. Here's a before picture with all the golf related stuff stripped off. Hope to have it done in a couple of weeks.

How did it turn out?
Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2015, 05:27 PM   #178
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods101 View Post
How did it turn out?
Pretty good.



Just lifted it and added a rear cargo basket. Another TBHer owns it now.
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2015, 06:35 PM   #179
Backwoods101
Pope & Young
 
Backwoods101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Needville
Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie
Default

Much better!
Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2015, 06:47 PM   #180
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Another

BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-26-2015, 06:40 PM   #181
txstringbender
Ten Point
 
txstringbender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: Currently Without
Default

This is my 2008 Club Car XTR850. It is stock with a 14 HP Kawasaki motor, heavy duty rear springs, and camo dip (starting to fade). I've modded it with a shorter top, 2500 winch, aux batteries, list goes on.



Sorry for the small pic. Tap the pic to make it bigger.

Last edited by txstringbender; 02-26-2015 at 06:49 PM.
txstringbender is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-06-2015, 04:05 PM   #182
woodsman08
Six Point
 
woodsman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Hunt In: Falfurrias & Brenham
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
Another

Bowslayer - would you mind giving the year of this cart and what lift / tires and rims you went with? I just picked up a 2004 Club Car 48v that is in pretty good shape and am currently looking at upgrade options. Never worked on carts before, so hoping I ended up with a decent starting point.
woodsman08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-06-2015, 04:13 PM   #183
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman08 View Post
Bowslayer - would you mind giving the year of this cart and what lift / tires and rims you went with? I just picked up a 2004 Club Car 48v that is in pretty good shape and am currently looking at upgrade options. Never worked on carts before, so hoping I ended up with a decent starting point.
That one is an ezgo. If I remember correctly I put a Allsports spindle lift on it. It has Sahara classic at tires on basic black steel wheels. I only use Allsports or Jakes for lifts because they are the only 2 American made lifts. If you have more questions drop me a pm and i'll see if I can help. I'm working on a 2005 club car right now myself.
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2015, 04:47 PM   #184
DRT
Pope & Young
 
DRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
Pretty good.



Just lifted it and added a rear cargo basket. Another TBHer owns it now.
That would be me. Here's how it looks now.
DRT is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #185
mm5455
Eight Point
 
mm5455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pearland
Hunt In: George West Texas,Liberty County
Default

Attachment 698619

Last edited by mm5455; 12-24-2015 at 02:06 PM.
mm5455 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2015, 05:27 PM   #186
mm5455
Eight Point
 
mm5455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pearland
Hunt In: George West Texas,Liberty County
Default

Attachment 698620

Last edited by mm5455; 12-24-2015 at 02:06 PM.
mm5455 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2015, 05:28 PM   #187
mm5455
Eight Point
 
mm5455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pearland
Hunt In: George West Texas,Liberty County
Default

Attachment 698621

Last edited by mm5455; 12-24-2015 at 02:06 PM.
mm5455 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2015, 05:53 PM   #188
coyoto_h
Four Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

How long are new batteries good for?
coyoto_h is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2015, 07:59 PM   #189
DRT
Pope & Young
 
DRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri
Default

My batteries are four years old and I can go at least 12 miles on them.
DRT is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2016, 12:18 AM   #190
ryanwood08
Ten Point
 
ryanwood08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: lake jackson
Hunt In: rocksprings
Default

Bump!
ryanwood08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2016, 03:05 AM   #191
Pullersboy
Pope & Young
 
Pullersboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Weatherford
Hunt In: Erath & Hamilton Counties.
Default mine

Before:
Name:  2016-01-04 11.44.23.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  79.6 KB

After:

Name:  2016-01-04 11.48.39.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  106.9 KB

My 15 year old son and I did this this past summer. Still have a few things to do before complete. It's an '02 48V Club Car DS w/ 500 amp programable contoller and a 2012 motor. It's the same motor that goes in the Hunt V's, 6" Jakes double A Arm lift, 23" Carlisle tires. Still to come is clay basket, winch, front replacement bumper, Go Light mounted on roof, and limited slip differential.

Last edited by Pullersboy; 03-04-2016 at 03:12 AM.
Pullersboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2016, 10:51 AM   #192
offthemap
Ten Point
 
offthemap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Houston, Anderson, Cherokee, Smith, Knox, Foard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullersboy View Post
Before:

My 15 year old son and I did this this past summer. Still have a few things to do before complete. It's an '02 48V Club Car DS w/ 500 amp programable contoller and a 2012 motor. It's the same motor that goes in the Hunt V's, 6" Jakes double A Arm lift, 23" Carlisle tires. Still to come is clay basket, winch, front replacement bumper, Go Light mounted on roof, and limited slip differential.

Looks good! Does this year model CC have the aluminum frame?
offthemap is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-05-2016, 12:36 AM   #193
Pullersboy
Pope & Young
 
Pullersboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Weatherford
Hunt In: Erath & Hamilton Counties.
Default

Yes sir, it does.
Pullersboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-13-2016, 10:02 AM   #194
BDann
Six Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kingwood
Hunt In: Kansas, all over Texas
Default

If anyone is looking for a good electric cart I have one that I would like to sell. 48V, lifted, fresh batteries, heavy duty cables and performance part. PM me for details.
BDann is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2016, 04:32 PM   #195
TxTyler
Eight Point
 
TxTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pflugerville
Hunt In: Tyler, Williamson, and Crockett County
Default

I'm in the process of fixing up a 2007 EZGO TXT Gas cart. What size utility trailer will I need? I'm limited on garage space (length wise) so was thinking a 5'x8' route and possibly back the cart up in to the trailer to make it fit if it's a bit long. I'll be adding a 6" Jake lift with 22" tires and 12" rims, with the back seat. Just wanting to make sure it will fit on the trailer before I purchase the trailer.

What have others used or found to work best for transport? What length and width can I be expecting on the cart when it's all said and done?
TxTyler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2016, 04:50 PM   #196
ballgame
Ten Point
 
ballgame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdj View Post
I use mine out in the big wheat fields as a rolling blind. We call it the Bait and wait wagon.
looks great
ballgame is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2016, 05:57 PM   #197
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default





Delivering this one to a TBHer tomorrow.
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2016, 06:26 PM   #198
navajo76
Six Point
 
navajo76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: round rock
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

Great work
navajo76 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2016, 07:39 PM   #199
huntmaster
Pope & Young
 
huntmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mesquite, Texas
Hunt In: Archer County
Default

Bowslayer, do you make or buy the front baskets?
huntmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2016, 07:40 PM   #200
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntmaster View Post
Bowslayer, do you make or buy the front baskets?


I buy them. They are Madjax Brand.
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com