Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > D-I-Y Projects

Old 06-12-2018, 09:31 PM   #1
txpitdog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Polk Co., TX & La Flore Co., OK
Default Just a few more jobs and Iíll be rich!

Got my very first paid welding job today. My buddy brought me a broken steering arm from his kidís go kart. Fixed it up for him good as new. Even though I offered to fix it for free, he insisted that he pay. So, in my first 6 months of learning to weld, I have earned 3 tacos and a coke, LOL.
txpitdog is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2018, 09:34 PM   #2
hogslayer78
Ten Point

Hunt In: San Augustine

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpitdog View Post
Got my very first paid welding job today. My buddy brought me a broken steering arm from his kidís go kart. Fixed it up for him good as new. Even though I offered to fix it for free, he insisted that he pay. So, in my first 6 months of learning to weld, I have earned 3 tacos and a coke, LOL.
that is a start. You have progressed a long way in 6 months! I have seen way worse my friend!
hogslayer78 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2018, 09:41 PM   #3
txpitdog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Polk Co., TX & La Flore Co., OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogslayer78 View Post
that is a start. You have progressed a long way in 6 months! I have seen way worse my friend!

Iím afraid Iíve used up your acetylene. Iíll get the bottle swapped for a full one and bring your torch back to you this weekend. Otherwise I may end up going through these bottles too!

As much as I have enjoyed learning welding and metalworking, playing with an oxy-acetylene torch is just freakin cool
txpitdog is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #4
hogslayer78
Ten Point

Hunt In: San Augustine

Quote:
Iím afraid Iíve used up your acetylene. Iíll get the bottle swapped for a full one and bring your torch back to you this weekend. Otherwise I may end up going through these bottles too!

As much as I have enjoyed learning welding and metalworking, playing with an oxy-acetylene torch is just freakin cool
Lol. Dont worry about it buddy! I told you im in no hurry. I do it all day every day and try not to use it at home when at all possible lol! I know where it is if I need it.
hogslayer78 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 11:34 AM   #5
White Falcon
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Tx. and Anywhere I can!

Now you will have a lot of new friends! Until you need to buy gas, or rods!!
White Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 07:22 PM   #6
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Quote:

3 tacos and a coke will keep ya alive, for a little while, if ya earn them every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogslayer78 View Post
Lol. Dont worry about it buddy! I told you im in no hurry. I do it all day every day and try not to use it at home when at all possible lol! I know where it is if I need it.

I know what ya mean.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top