Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > D-I-Y Projects
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2018, 02:47 PM   #1
TXBRASS
Ten Point
 
TXBRASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shiner, TX
Hunt In: Dryden & Hallettsville, TX
Default High Seat Remodel for Mule

First off I want to say Thank You to a fellow GS member who saw my post about the mods I was doing to my Kawasaki Mule and who called me out of the blue and said he had a spare High Seat that needed some TLC, but that he would give me for free. This dude even delivered it to my house before I got home and it was there waiting for me when I got off of work.
Good people here on the GS.... Thank You!!!

Ok... I was impressed with how stout it is so far. Will do some welding and modifications to meet my needs, probably bedline it, and recover the cushions, but it will be perfect for what I want.

It begins now.....






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TXBRASS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2018, 03:24 PM   #2
TXBRASS
Ten Point
 
TXBRASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shiner, TX
Hunt In: Dryden & Hallettsville, TX
Default






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TXBRASS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2018, 04:19 PM   #3
texan16
Ten Point
 
texan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fairfield
Hunt In: Freestone/Schleicher Counties
Default

Cool deal, Im in for the build !!!
texan16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2018, 04:27 PM   #4
TXBRASS
Ten Point
 
TXBRASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shiner, TX
Hunt In: Dryden & Hallettsville, TX
Default




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TXBRASS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-27-2018, 01:47 PM   #5
savin yours
Pope & Young
 
savin yours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Lampasas
Default

In


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
savin yours is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2018, 08:42 AM   #6
TXBRASS
Ten Point
 
TXBRASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shiner, TX
Hunt In: Dryden & Hallettsville, TX
Default

Got it welded up yesterday to make it one piece and filled in all the holes.






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TXBRASS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-24-2018, 02:17 PM   #7
Cru80
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Hunt In: Davilla, Tx
Default

I have a high seat in my ranger as well. I would highly recommend making sure that your bed will not dump with passengers in it. I had to make some modifications to the unlocking bar and how it attaches to the bed. It attaches with plastic parts so I had to beef it up with some metal parts as well as a bolt to make sure someone cant accidently release the bed. Unfortunately this was after I had two guys fall out cause the plastic pieces failed and broke in half. Dumped them out but luckily only walked away with a concussion and no other major injuries (except for a Swarovski scope that broke in half and a Browning rifle stock that needed refinishing)

Other than that its looking good!
Cru80 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-24-2018, 04:20 PM   #8
TXBRASS
Ten Point
 
TXBRASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shiner, TX
Hunt In: Dryden & Hallettsville, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru80 View Post
I have a high seat in my ranger as well. I would highly recommend making sure that your bed will not dump with passengers in it. I had to make some modifications to the unlocking bar and how it attaches to the bed. It attaches with plastic parts so I had to beef it up with some metal parts as well as a bolt to make sure someone cant accidently release the bed. Unfortunately this was after I had two guys fall out cause the plastic pieces failed and broke in half. Dumped them out but luckily only walked away with a concussion and no other major injuries (except for a Swarovski scope that broke in half and a Browning rifle stock that needed refinishing)

Other than that its looking good!
Thanks for the heads up. The Mules have a steel locking bed latch on each side, so we are good there.
TXBRASS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-05-2018, 08:28 AM   #9
TXBRASS
Ten Point
 
TXBRASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shiner, TX
Hunt In: Dryden & Hallettsville, TX
Default

Done!






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TXBRASS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-06-2018, 08:53 AM   #10
BrokenJ
Ten Point
 
BrokenJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBRASS View Post
Thanks for the heads up. The Mules have a steel locking bed latch on each side, so we are good there.
Looks great man.

Any mule I have been around with dog boxes or high racks have a short safety chain bolted around frame back to bed. Just in case those fail or someone else tries to dump the bed. Those latches could break with the leverage. Just an idea
BrokenJ is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-06-2018, 08:56 AM   #11
TXBRASS
Ten Point
 
TXBRASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shiner, TX
Hunt In: Dryden & Hallettsville, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenJ View Post
Looks great man.

Any mule I have been around with dog boxes or high racks have a short safety chain bolted around frame back to bed. Just in case those fail or someone else tries to dump the bed. Those latches could break with the leverage. Just an idea
That may not be a bad idea. The seat is enough forward that it makes it harder to open, and the latches are steel, but especially if going up a hill or rough terrain, a secondary safety feature is a dang good thing to have.
TXBRASS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com