The hogs creeped me out this evening...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hogs creeped me out this evening...

Around 5:30, I walked out on my cabin deck and heard the creepiest hog noises I’d ever heard. Actually I’ve heard it a few times, but never over and over. It sounded like a fight. It sounded like a hog was being eaten alive. It was almost a roar? I really can’t compare anything to it...so I decided to walk the 300 yards to my blind and have a sit. Didn’t care that it was raining, I wanted to shoot something.

Not gonna lie, I ran the last 100 yards to my blind. Once I got to my football field (this is what I call the clearing in NETX woods) the hog really started wailing. Gave me the chills, very creepy sounding. It could not have been more than 50 yards away, but across the creek.

I saw a ton of hogs, but couldn’t get a shot. They kept walking slowly thru the woods while the wailing hog kept doing its thing.

My question: what was going on? Have y’all heard this? Have y’all seen it?

maybe giving birth? Something got hung up?

Comment

A good sausage will do that

Comment

Perfect time of year for that mess. Reading it gave me the willies.

Comment

Shotgun and go!

Comment

I think it was last year I heard one let out an awful roar. Don’t recall which way the wind was blowing that day, but those hogs knew my scent well. I trapped and hunted them almost every day of the week. It was my job to maintain the cattle ranches and so I had to hunt the hogs hard. They could watch me from the thick wooded areas on an adjacent ranch nearby where they aren’t hunted.

Comment

My dad always said the big cat made a sound that freaked him out.
              Maybe it was not a hog but a cat that got cornered by the hogs

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                A good sausage will do that
                Lol!!!!

Comment

I shot a pig one time when I was young. It was eating corn and I shot it in the back of the neck... trying to get spine. Hog ran into the woods and I started hearing awful noises from what sounded like 20 pigs. Like you, I sat and watched several hogs ease towards the spot where the injured pig ran in. Decided to back out and go get a buddy for tracking purposes. We returned two hours later in the dark with shotguns and a spot light. I’ll never forget the screaming coming from that bottom. It was enough to make us call it a night. When we went back in early the next morning, we found the pig that I had shot. It looked like it had been perfectly field dressed by a human. I have also reckoned that the healthy hogs preyed on the one that I injured. It made feel bad and I’ll never forget it. You live and you learn.

Comment

We have a lot of hogs at our place and many mornings before sun up you can listen to them carrying on and sometimes it sounds violent, makes you glad you are 20 feet up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I shot a big boar once in the liver from a couple hundred yards away. It knocked him down, but he got back up on his front feet and let out the most awful roar I'd ever heard. I guarantee you if I'd heard that in the woods at night I would have sheet down both legs !

Comment

Breeding. Boar hog grabbing hold of a sows ear. Saw it a couple times.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                          Ok, that’s what I was looking for. I tell ya, I’m a grown man of 48 years and the sound scared me a bit. I was armed with an AK...but it was still a bit unnerving. The other hogs that were maybe a hundred yards from the sound/roar didn’t seem to care. They just moved about quietly.

I didn’t take a flashlight...so I left way before dark.

Comment

Got a gun rebuilt years ago when I told my hog story. Wife, I, and young son got to the lease late Friday night. While unpacking the truck the wildest sounds came up from the creek 75 yards away. I grabbed my Savage 24V 30-30 and the three of us charged down to the creek with flashlights in hand.
                            Two 200 plus pound boars were going after each other. Must of been a hot girl close.

Sent a letter to Savage about this incident. Told them their rifle stood between them and my family. They rebuilt the gun top to bottom. Its in the safe.

Fighting pigs are loud.....

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post

Humped her till she peed and she was more obedient...

Comment

Working...
                              X