Getting sized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting sized

Correct way to size up for recurve shooting !! Iam a Newbie !! and good poundage for deer don’t want a heavy pull !

My 2 cents

Get a 35# cheap recurve with some 600 spine arrows and 150grain tips. Leave the arrows full length and shoot it for awhile. Once you figure out how it works etc you can then start fine tuning the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a hard question to answer with the limited info given. What poundage to start at depends a lot in your strength. Starting light is better than starting too heavy. I definitely would not start out with anything over about 45# at your draw length. With the right, well tuned setup, you can kill any deer out there with anything over 40# and a well placed shot.

Don’t know where you are located, but one of the best things you could do for yourself would be to find an experienced trad guy in your area to mentor and learn from.

Good luck, and welcome to the fun side!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What these guys said. I started with a 45 pound at 28 inch my draw length is 26.5 though. I think it would of been better for me though at 35 or 40 pound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

Will the draw length be the same as my 31” that I shoot my compound with?

Comment

If you use a release I think it will. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will swing by an let us know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy moss View Post
              In my experience your draw will not be the same as your compound. I personally shoot a 30 inch compound but barely break 27 on my trad equipment. My anchor point is very shallow however and obviously that will make a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy moss View Post

More than likely, it will be shorter, at least at first. Zero letoff is a mother to master, especially after you have conditioned yourself to only holding 10-12# at full draw with a wheel bow. I would bet 90% of all amateur archers do not use their back muscles the way they should in drawing a bow!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I draw 29.5 on recurve and compound. If you actually draw 31 on a recurve you might not want more than 38ish at 28 and if you are drawing 31, you will want at least a 62" bow and 64 or 66 would be better

Comment

Thanks for all y’all info

Comment

Working...
                    X