CPAP and camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPAP and camping

This past year I got on a CPAP finally and it has been huge improvement for me. I won't even nap without mine now.
    Going on camping/hunting trip with my son this weekend and wont have electricity available. Any y'all ever run yours off a car inverter? How big of one I need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They make 12V battery packs that can last about 7 days. I was given one while I was in the military.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
      They make 12V battery packs that can last about 7 days. I was given one while I was in the military.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Saw those inline but were expensive and don't think I could get by this weekend.

Comment

Am I reading this right that it only takes 90+ watt inverter to run it?

Comment

Also read 24V DC. Make sure you have a way to start vehicle if you run the battery down. Maybe take a separate battery?

Comment

When we hunted in Mexico there was a guy that had a Marine Deep Cycle battery with an inverter and it worked fine.

Comment

We camp and have plenty that run theirs off their truck and other use generators. Its been the joke the last 10-12 years.

Comment

Thanks guys. Got a hold of one my I&E buddies and he said my 400 watt inverter should run cpap just fine. Gonna take some jumper cables too.

Comment

My Dad ran a newer model that drew 5-6 amps off a 12 volt battery. I'm not sure about the output of the inverter. Basically he got 2 nights off a standard deep cycle battery (100 amp hour).

5 amp times 12 volts is 60 watts so that gives an estimate of the inverter he used.

Comment

I bought a travel cpap for 400 bucks. It can run off of 110v or 12v. Instead if paying 250 for their battery I bought the 12v cord that plugs into the dig lighter socket. When I slept on the boat for duck hunting I took a jump box along and plugged into that. It ran 2 units for 2 days. We still used the jump box to start my truck as the lights had been left on. I bought a cheap jump box for a fraction if what they wanted for the portable cpap battery.

Comment

Working...
                    X