Opinion needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion needed

My wife asked me to build a faux pallet wood wall for my MIL’s 60th Bday party, to cover my guitar wall. 8’x8’ so I’m doing it in two sections. Question is do I install it horizontal or vertical? Here’s a pic of horizontal, which I plan to add a spine in the center for strength and then support for the legs. Pallet wood to be added after it’s up.

I told her I’d build it quicker than Trump!

Last edited by UncleBubba; 07-12-2018, 10:12 PM.

Run the panels vertical so you arent trying to stack one another putting together.. make you life easier

Comment

You asked for opinions so here is mine.

I assume by guitar wall you have a collection of guitars hanging on the wall.

I would tell her that I am proud on my collection that has taken me years to collect and there is no way I am covering them up. I have them hanging on the wall to show off my collection so deal with it.

Comment

Vertical

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post

I would tell her that I am proud on my collection that has taken me years to collect and there is no way I am covering them up. I have them hanging on the wall to show off my collection so deal with it.

My opinion as well

Comment

Exactly

Tell MIL to have her party somewhere else or deal with it

Or whoever has an issue

Comment

Is it a temporary wall? If you have the faux pallet boards horizontally then it’ll be easier to disassemble if the plywood is horizontal. If you run the plywood vertically then you’ll have to have a vertical seam in the middle (might look odd) or else take off all the pallet boards to disassemble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

By guitar wall I mean my electric, bass, and acoustic. If I had a “collection” I’d be more proud lol.

Originally posted by jb5001 View Post
                Is it a temporary wall? If you have the faux pallet boards horizontally then it’ll be easier to disassemble if the plywood is horizontal. If you run the plywood vertically then you’ll have to have a vertical seam in the middle (might look odd) or else take off all the pallet boards to disassemble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I will be removing the pallet boards to use in the house at a later date. I figured this would be a good trial run before putting on an actual wall.

Thanks for the opinions guys, luckily I have a great MIL or I wouldn’t be doing this [emoji6]

Comment

Just charge them a cover, play some and tell them its a mini hard rock cafe!

Comment

For strength then plywood vertical and pallet boards horizontal, for movability then just the opposite with a three 2x4's screwed to the back for strength.

Comment

Opinion needed

I wound up doing the 4x8s horizontal and moving them in separately. Screwed them together face down and added a spine in the back. Stood’er up and wife is now happy. Happy wife, happy life!

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Lets see what she wants you to cover up.

Comment

Wall looks good. Now hang your guitars on it!

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                              Wall looks good. Now hang your guitars on it!
                              This.

Comment

Working...
                              X