Guadalupe River question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guadalupe River question

Curious about the Guadalupe River and how far it runs? Not knowing much about the rivers around here but wanted to find out what the longest running river in Texas is? Driving back from the coast (PINS) the other day back to Austin (183 Highway) I saw a bunch of rivers that looked like a good paddle trip. Anyone ever do one?

That’d be the rio grande lol happy paddling..

Comment

The Brazos.

Comment

Should have asked this weekend.
        The guad goes into San Antonio bay.
        The lower section is more or less boring to paddle, but nice.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Brazos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Rio Grande Red then Brazos. I did 19.5 miles last weekend on the Brazos

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
              Should have asked this weekend.
              The guad goes into San Antonio bay.
              The lower section is more or less boring to paddle, but nice.

Never go home the way we went yesterday, took the 5 minute boat ride then the 183 all the way back. What a beautiful drive, and noticed a nice river at a few spots. Had a blast with y’all this weekend my man. I’m ready to head back, minus the dogs...

Comment

San Antonio river runs thru Luling. You crossed by the park. The city rents canoes and kayaks plus runs a shuttle up river. About a 2 hour paddle and includes life jackets and paddles. Nice float.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailerman3 View Post
                  Rio Grande Red then Brazos. I did 19.5 miles last weekend on the Brazos
                  Sounds like you were on the same stretch I was. Did you put in below the PK dam?

We put in Friday at 10am, and got out around 11am Sunday morning at Rochelle’s.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    Sounds like you were on the same stretch I was. Did you put in below the PK dam?

We put in Friday at 10am, and got out around 11am Sunday morning at Rochelle’s.

Yep put in Friday about 2:00 and got out Sunday 11-11:30 at Rochelle’s. Me my two kids and my 60lb lap dog. That was a new experience in a kayak.

Comment

Sounds awesome!!

Comment

Uh that would be the San Marcos that runs thru Luling. Guadalupe starts in hill country and ends at seadrift I believe. There is a place between Gonzales and Hocheim- called hell's gate. Don't get stuck there

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
                          Uh that would be the San Marcos that runs thru Luling. Guadalupe starts in hill country and ends at seadrift I believe. There is a place between Gonzales and Hocheim- called hell's gate. Don't get stuck there
                          You are right. Thank you for catching that. It is a nice float and really inexpensive.

Comment

Try: https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/boat...ls/index.phtml

Comment

I know my sister rents canoes/kayaks on that strech of river as well. Paddle with Style is her company.

Comment

Working...
                              X