Bringing water to the lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing water to the lease?

Any suggestions on bringing water out to the lease? We are planning on setting up a rain collection system, but if we don't get any rain that won't do us any good. Curious what other people are doing. It is to fill the camper water tank

Thanks in advance!

275 gallon tote.

Comment

Originally posted by dustinztx View Post
      275 gallon tote.
      Yep and fill it up at the house

Comment

I rigged up a livewell pump and a 55 gallon barrel to haul water in and it worked well but then I figured out I used a lot less water than I thought and could just fill a cooler with water when I went out and put it in the camper holding tank. Some times I use a good bit of water and sometimes not much. If I just haul a little each time out it takes care of my needs.

Comment

On one of my old leases I struck a deal to get water at the local Volunteer Fire Department for a small annual donation. It was a win for us and them. You wouldn’t imagine how far a hundred or two will help a Volunteer Fire Department out plus it was a lot closer than my home. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought two of the 275 gallon totes and built a frame to hold one up high enough to gravity feed the camper's fresh water tank. Built it real sturdy, water is heavy. It looked like a 4x4 blind strong enough to hold a car. Used the other one to haul water back and forth to fill it up. We took showers in the camper, sure was nice after a work day in the heat.

Comment

I have a guy that deliveries 1000 gallons at a time to my holding tank. I have thought about the volunteer Fire Department if this guy falls through.

Comment

I used to have a 55 gallon barrel hooked up to a pump that fed my trailer. Added a switch to turn the pump on when needed. I put a heater in it for winter. Just brought water to keep it full every time I went to the lease. Then used the bottom quarter of a barrel on top with a light bulb to keep my pump thawed out. Worked well.

Comment

We used 15 gal water totes as they were easier to manage.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another 275 tank user. We have 2 and use one for hauling then pump one to the other. 250 gallons lasts long time if you're conservative. Even with 5 people

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

275 totes or 55 gallon plastic barrels. We would fill them up at the Walmart in Childress so we didn’t have to haul all that weight so far. I bought a small electric pump from Northwrn Tool. We hooked up a short hose in the barrel and another hose on the output side and we just turn on the pump and fill up our travel trailers tanks. It has worked great!!!

Comment

We have a 275 gallon tote on top of a 4.5' platform I built. Haul water in 55 gallon plastic drum in back of truck. Get to lease. Pull up next to platform. Hook up electric transfer pump and pump it into 275 gallon tote.

I fill the drum while I'm loading the rest of my gear. Then, I pump it into the tote while I'm unloading my gear at the lease. It's really not that bad of a hassle. Once you get the tote full, you just have to top off every now and again. If several lease members haul a 55 gal drum of water a couple of times, the 275 tote will get full quick.

Comment

Finally found a pic of my old setup.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hunt whee

Where do you hunt wt

Comment

find someone local to deliver - we have a 3500 gallon storage tank and have water delivered - set up a demand pump and go from there. Hauling water gets old -

Comment

Working...
                              X