Leap of faith and moved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leap of faith and moved

Did something last week I didn't think I'd ever do after I got out of the military. I moved out of Texas to Alaska....

Had an opportunity to rent a room from a friend of a coworker so I took it to see how I like the state. With work I can live anywhere and they'll fly me back for the rotation.

I'm back now tying up a few loose ends, weddings and a bachelor party. But managed a quick fishing trip while I was up trying to figure out the area and get settled. So I brought home some halibut and salmon for my parents.

If anyone has must haves or any info/advice I'd appreciate it. Planning on driving up with the rest of my stuff in March/April or June depending on weather and rotations.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Awesome! Livin the dream! Be safe on your travels.

Comment

Go for it man!

Comment

Figure that place out!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be there next June and in need of a fishing guide.

Congrats on chasing a dream.

Comment

Kongrats sir.........beautiful place .........besides the dead of winter!
          Hook up with Tim and Hugh.................dang good guys sir!!!

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
            Figure that place out!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be there next June and in need of a fishing guide.

Congrats on chasing a dream.
            Hopefully I'll have an idea what to do on the rivers, but for the salt I'll be taking charters when I want to go....at least the math works out that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Kongrats sir.........beautiful place .........besides the dead of winter!
              Hook up with Tim and Hugh.................dang good guys sir!!!
              Will do, knew there were a couple TBH'ers up there just wasn't 100% on who they were. It'll be a hot minute before I get back up with trying to sell my place, and December hunting Texas and NM this year.

Comment

Are you currently living in Poc?

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                  Are you currently living in Poc?
                  I've got a trailer there and my boat. My warm weather stuff will stay there, and I'm trying to sell my house in SM whilst doing a bachelor party and two weddings in 3 subsequent weekends. To say my August is busy is an understatement.

Comment

Yeah that's busy!!! I stay that way myself. There are a hand full of us that fish in Poc/Seadrift. I will be down Labor Day weekend with beer if your interested!

Comment

My wife is from Soldotna, awesome place to be.

Comment

Enjoy it. I've visited twice in my lifetime and will be going again now that my boys are older. One of my best friends from college lives up there with his family outside of Anchorage a ways and loves it. Coach

Comment

Congrats John. What part of Alaska you moving to? It's a great state and one of my favorite places I've been.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                            Congrats John. What part of Alaska you moving to? It's a great state and one of my favorite places I've been.

Thanks! Anchorage for now until I get my feet wet and things figured out

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post
                              Thanks! Anchorage for now until I get my feet wet and things figured out

Right on. Hit up Simon and Seaforts for a nice dinner. The brew pub and Humpy's are pretty good also

Comment

Working...
                              X