Rolled Pork Loin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolled Pork Loin

We usually use a store-bought pork loin, but I'm sure any kind of backstrap will work.
    • With a very sharp knife, cut lengthwise near one edge of the loin about 1/2 inch deep and while rolling the loin, continue cutting, in sort of a spiral. What you basically end up with is a flat piece of meat about 1/2 (or 1/4) inch thick that you can roll back up, like a newspaper.
    • Get some sort of fruit preserves, like apricot, and some onion and jalapeno, if you want, and put them in your handy chopper or cuisinart or whatever and blend until smooth. The best stuff we've ever used was some kind of cranberry/habanero relish that someone gave us and now we don't know where it came from or what it was called.
    • Spead the mixture all over the top surface of the meat, and lay one strip of bacon in there too.
    • Roll the loin back up and wrap it with more bacon, keeping it held together with toothpics or bamboo skewers. Be liberal with the bacon. Only about 1 1/2 turns per strip with them all touching.
    • Grill or BBQ on cool to medium heat. you don't want to burn the bacon off and not get the meat cooked. I usually do it @ 200-250 degF.
    • It's hard for me to tell by looking when this is done so I use a spike type meat thermometer and get the center temp to around 160 degF
    • When done, just slice it up. pulling the toothpics out first. Use a razor sharp knife and the bacon stays on pretty well.

I've done t!his same thing with cream cheese, onins and slices of jalepenoe....awesome!!

Comment

Did this with some red stag today. Came out pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool

Comment

Working...
        X